• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Prelude Number Three" for two guitars

Share/Bookmark

"Prelude Number Three" for two guitars

All,

This is my "Prelude Number Three" for two guitars.

Still composing at seventy-eight! I probably should be in a rocking chair, drooling and trying to remember my name.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Prelude Number Three" for two guitars

Ah! The American Bach lives, and his name is Larry. Did I hear a little bit of Texan-western flare near the end also? This work was a joy to listen too. Every note had worth and a purpose to drive us to the next. Thank you for the smile on my face this Monday morning.
    ~Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    Ah! The American Bach lives, and his name is Larry. Did I hear a little bit of Texan-western flare near the end also? This work was a joy to listen too. Every note had worth and a purpose to drive us to the next. Thank you for the smile on my face this Monday morning.
    ~Rodney
    Thanks, Mister Rodney, for having a listen. I appreciate the compliments.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

So Larry, when you composed this work, did you come up with a theme first or maybe chords, or did you use the rules of counter-point? What was your process if I may ask?
    ~Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    So Larry, when you composed this work, did you come up with a theme first or maybe chords, or did you use the rules of counter-point? What was your process if I may ask?
    ~Rodney
    I write in a sort of "stream of thoughts" manner. I wrote the lead guitar part in one "sitting" and then composed the second guitar part while simultaneously listening to the lead guitar. It's really not as complicated as it may sound. I would think that any composer can do it.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I always look forward to your pieces, Larry - By the time one goes up, I'm always ready for a nice dose of the good, clean elegance always displayed in your work. And this happy, playful guitar duet is no exception. It provides a wonderful listen to all fortunate enough to click the link. Thank ye!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I always look forward to your pieces, Larry - By the time one goes up, I'm always ready for a nice dose of the good, clean elegance always displayed in your work. And this happy, playful guitar duet is no exception. It provides a wonderful listen to all fortunate enough to click the link. Thank ye!

Randy
    Verily I say unto thee, "I am pleased as puncheth that thee like what I have doneth. Thanketh thee mightily!"

Thou Servant,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum