• Register
  • Help

Topic: best service statement to illegal copies of AO sounds

Share/Bookmark

best service statement to illegal copies of AO sounds

Being worldwide distributor for the Advanced Orchestra we see a serious demand to give a clear statement with regard to all the comments about bigga giggas products. First of all, we would like to thank all of you in this forum for making these facts public and bring them into a discussion! We have not been aware of the fact that bigga giggas is using sounds from the Advanced Orchestra. Actually true is, that on their horn and string CD bigga giggas uses Advanced Orchestra sounds illegally. These products of course have been stopped from now on and hopefully will not turn up on the market anymore. Our goal at best service is to bring out user-friendly products for your Gigasampler in very high quality for a fair pricecalculation. Therefore we really appeal to fairness on the market. Any Illegal production of CDs, no matter if done privately or in more extended business forms, are and will always remain illegal and will damage all of us. - We at best service love the concept of Nemesys and therefore like to continue producing interesting and absolutely legal, sober titles. - We are happy to tell you our soon upcoming products Ethno World and Smart Violins.
    Thank you for cooperating with best service.
    Klaus Kandler
    CEO best service www.bestservice.de

Re: best service statement to illegal copies of AO sounds

Ha! Interesting read these last two weeks.

I was \"pigeon\" enough to buy Bigga Giggas\' Strings & Horns assuming that the gig samples were recorded by his or a team @ Glasstrax Music. I suppose that the only way for him to have sold many CDs was to claim them his. On the CDs there is a copyright notice that reads,(C)2000 Jinjee. I still have the invoice. No wonder he sold the CDs dirt cheap. For anyone to have put a large amount of time recording the samples would have probably sold the CDs @ a higher price.

The $ stops where?

[This message has been edited by migo (edited 07-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by migo (edited 07-26-2000).]

In my Opinion -

as long as NemeSys is not giving us a chance
    to store \'Performances\' or \'Programs\' or \'Patches\' or however you will call them
    without their associated samples - as long every creative
    Performance-Programmer has to violate the Copyrights.

If I could store a e.g. \'*.gog\' file like I can store
    a \'*.gig\' file now - I could spread or sell
    many improved versions of poor programmed
    gigs on the original CD-ROMS.
    In that way we could exchange files over the
    Net without having to wait for hours of downloads...
    because a gog would be some kBytes and not GigaBytes.
    It would save diskspace and and I wouldn\'t have to
    load the same samples twice because they are just
    involved in two separate gigs.
    BTW no violation of copyrights...
    If I have the original gigs I could import this \'gogs\'.

I suggested this in my first Bug-Report to
    NemeSys in NOV\'98.

Every Hardware-Sampler can do this since more then 10 years...

So forget the speech about Software overcoming Hardware.

As long as NemeSys prefers to develop secondrated Effects (IMHO not their job at all)
    instead of getting rid of all those Bugs and
    missing links to Hardware-based Instruments
    as long we all have to accept to work with just a (nice) toy...

But not more...

Ready now for the flames ;-)

Manfred

[This message has been edited by mramosch (edited 07-26-2000).]

> to store \'Performances\' or \'Programs\'
    > or \'Patches\' or however you will call them

I believe this IS available now, and called an \"Articulation\" file. I haven\'t had time to try it yet.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    > to store \'Performances\' or \'Programs\'
    > or \'Patches\' or however you will call them

I believe this IS available now, and called an \"Articulation\" file. I haven\'t had time to try it yet.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that IS correct. You can exchange articulations with other GigaStudio users who own the same libraries as you, and share your instrument patches via these articulation files. So Manfred should be able to use this technology just as he indicated in his post.

By the way, I think the GFX are a well conceived feature and that it was development time well spent. I can\'t wait to see an amp simulator!! I use GigaStudio in a live setting often, and find the effects to be quite good sounding there and also in the studio.

Best regards,

Bruce

I don\'t use the effects, I prefer using my outboard for it - especially the NFX reverb is pretty awful - even an Alesis Nanoverb is better But maybe it\'ll get improved, I don\'t know.

Go Back to forum