• Register
  • Help

Topic: "The Lovers"

Share/Bookmark

"The Lovers"

I chose to write this song instead of competing in the Finale competition. I hope I made the right choice...

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/music/The%20Lovers.mp3
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: "The Lovers"

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Manthe View Post
    I chose to write this song instead of competing in the Finale competition. I hope I made the right choice...
    Well, there's no question you made the right choice, Mitch. The Finale contest made absolutely no sense. It was all about Facebook power users manufacturing votes by any and all means. It was a total fiasco, a sham.

And now you have this extremely well done, lovely piece to show for your time, instead of getting wrapped up in that Make Music nonsense. The orchestral folk quality of your piece is enchanting. I admire the composition, the arrangement, and the recording. Just great!

Randy

Thanks Randy. Your input is much appreciated!
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Hey Mitch! I think this piece is great. The melody has so much personality and it flows very nicely. The arrangement is also very good. Using different octaves and instrument for parts of the melody were very effective. The upward key change was a pleasant transition.
    Thanks for posting. Jay

Glad you like it Jay. Thanks.

Go Back to forum