• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free Giga samples?

Free Giga samples?

Anybody know of any sites out there that have free Giga stuff?
    I don\'t expect commercial sites to give away much more than your basic demos, but other sites, run by enthusiasts maybe...

Re: Free Giga samples?

Check out www.worrasplace.com

Click on \'Gigs\'

Most of these are user-created, user-submitted gigasamples. Some of them are pretty good actually.

I\'m actually working on a few but I don\'t think I\'ll post them until my web site is up. Worra\'s place is a great idea, but you can spend alot of time sorting through poor samples to find a few worthwhile ones. I\'ll definately post an address when I\'ve got the samples finished.

I really enjoy browsing Worrasplace, even though, as Stronzthro says, it\'s hit or miss (and on one drum kit I swear I can hear human conversations in the samples!). I\'m mostly into acoustic sounds, and the best that I\'ve found at Worra\'s are a really nice Tenor sax and Jinjees cellos, recently removed in light of, well, you know what.

It\'s a terrific resource from some free kicks and a couple of samples that\'ll become permanent pieces in your arsenal. I hope and pray that Worra keeps it up and keeps it growing.

Worra, maybe you could get votes and have the samples rated?

Worra\'s site has not had any new instruments posted for at least three weeks. I hope the problem with the horn CD has not caused a rift in the community. These are learning experiences we will have. Perhaps this our opportunity to step up to a higher level of quality and integrity.

Go Back to forum