Topic: 500 MB General MIDi

500 MB General MIDi

Hi there!
    Is someone here using the 500 MB General
    MIDI library or knows where to get an
    audiodemo of it?
    Best regards,

Re: 500 MB General MIDi

I bought it and found that only some patches are useful.
    The acoustic piano is good, but I already have the 800MB Steinway B and 512MB RAM. Other patches vary from good to decent. After playing with the library for a while, I made up my mind that if I have to use GM in the future, I\'ll still stick with JV-2080, for most of the time, if you\'re using GM for a project, it\'s not an important one.

By the way, you can load and playback GM files, but you have to set the effects in GSt\'s DSP station yourself. Everytime.

Deep White

[This message has been edited by Deep White (edited 07-17-2000).]

Re: 500 MB General MIDi

I looked around for a audio demo before buying GM500 and couldn\'t find one. Wish I had. I wouldn\'t have purchased it. UPS delivered it today and so far I\'m disappointed. I was especially interested in the guitar sounds but they don\'t sound nearly as good as my Korg X5DR module. I had hoped it would be at least as good or better, and would provide a somewhat different sound from the Korg so that I would have a couple choices for GM guitar sounds. The electic guitar sounds are different than the Korg, but unforunately not very good in my opinion (the acoustic guitar isn\'t bad though). I haven\'t checked out the other patches yet, so maybe they are better. Just my opinion.

Go Back to forum