• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gospel choir samples anyone?

Share/Bookmark

Gospel choir samples anyone?

Does anyone know of a sample CD with Afro-American gospel choir?
    I would prefer a timbre of thick, rich vocals in the vain of the vocal group Take 6 and in bigger ensembles like the LA Gospel Choir.
    Preferably OOOhs and Aaaahs and scoops and other vocal sound effects (perhaps) a big group clap, isolated sections singing just individual notes.

I know Kurweil has sampled Take 6 but didn\'t know if there were any Akai 1000/3000 or Gig versions out there.

Thanks for comments.

Re: Gospel choir samples anyone?

Does anyone know of a sample CD with Afro-American gospel choir?

I have not come across many but one that does come to mind is \'Vocal Planet\' This library was supposed to be a follow-up to Spectrasonics \'Symphony of Voices\' but there\'s hardly a mention of it on the distributor site (www.ilio.com) I think it\'s 3 discs and features a fairly extensive set of Gospel choir samples and jazz ensembles, that is amongst other stuff like celtic/gaelic vocals, hip-hop, etc..etc.. There\'s more info @ (http://www.harbourmusic.com.au/vocp/vocp.html)
    Maybe the release date of the library was pushed back (supposed to comeout early 2000) but the above mentioned site has the audio disc set for sale. Hopefully Spectrasonics will put up a demo.

Regards,
    Gulliver.

Go Back to forum