• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan_Finale Contest Entry_Montego Magic

Share/Bookmark

Garritan_Finale Contest Entry_Montego Magic

I too, entered the Garritan/Finale Contest on Facebook. I found the voting to be much like running for class president, a popularity vote with the winner being the one with the most friends... However, I didn't expect to win, just wanted to try the exercise. Here is my entry called:

Montego Magic

Here are the lyrics to the first verse and chorus. They enter after the intro based on the contest rules:

Verse 1:
    The magic of Montego Bay at night with the stars and the moon so bright shining on you; breezes, a warm wind blows tonight and the stars so brightly lit.

Chorus:
    Montego Magic when the one you love is near magic will appear when you are here. Montego Magic will make love to you, just wait come and see the stars they are magic

Just thought I'd post this for the community. It's 100% Garritan!

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Garritan_Finale Contest Entry_Montego Magic

Great! Thanks for posting your contest piece, Bill. I didn't realize that one was yours. I listened to all of them, but not all of the contributor names sunk in. I always liked "Montego Magic"--heard it several times when the voting was still going.

The rest of us Garritanites who entered the contest also posted our submissions over in General Discussion. I was originally hoping we'd have one big "Forum member contest entries" thread, but for the most part they were posted separately. At least they're all up somewhere - Thanks for sharing yours now. It was an interesting challenge, composing music based on the MM motif - much like the old Orchestration Challenges we used to run.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Great! Thanks for posting your contest piece, Bill. I didn't realize that one was yours. I listened to all of them, but not all of the contributor names sunk in. I always liked "Montego Magic"--heard it several times when the voting was still going.

The rest of us Garritanites who entered the contest also posted our submissions over in General Discussion. I was originally hoping we'd have one big "Forum member contest entries" thread, but for the most part they were posted separately. At least they're all up somewhere - Thanks for sharing yours now. It was an interesting challenge, composing music based on the MM motif - much like the old Orchestration Challenges we used to run.

Randy
    You have more stamina than me. I too listened to many of the entrants, but there were so many, and, after hearing a few real 'bummers' I gave up. Thanks for listening. The inspiration for the song came from our Caribbean trip in the fall of 2008. Our shipped sailed right by Montego Bay and the moonlight glistening over the bay waters was truly magical. We watched in amazing from our balcony on the cruise ship.

Thanks again,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    You have more stamina than me. I too listened to many of the entrants, but there were so many, and, after hearing a few real 'bummers' I gave up...
    Yes, well I had to spread out my listening over several days. There's no way the average Facebook person would wade through even half that number of entries. And I agree, there were some really bad entries -I had to assume those were made by Finale newbies who wanted to join in even though they aren't up to speed yet, and of course that's fine.

Really like your entry, Bill.

Randy

Go Back to forum