I am a registered user of Vir2' Electri6ity, which I purchased legally from a major music retailer. Vir2's website promises great technical support for their virtual instrument and states, "We always respond to queries within two business days, and often sooner than that.", but none of my submissions have ever received a reply. I have also contacted technical support at Big Fish Audio, who distribute Vir2's products, both by e-mail and by phone, and in my last two phone conversations I was told emphatically that, "There are no problems with Electri6ity", and that all of the issues I was trying to bring to their attention were caused by my "inability to understand how the program works". As a result, I am now asking other Electri6ity users to please perform a simple 6-step test so that the truth can be revealed.

1) Load any Electri6ity instrument that includes all of the available playing articulations (not a "Sustain Only" or "Sustain+Muted Only" instrument). Amps and effects are not involved in this test, so instruments in the "DI" folder (Les Paul DI.nki, Stratocaster DI.nki, etc.) are good choices.

2) Depress the D#5 keyswitch on your MIDI controller (or click that key on Kontakt's virtual keyboard). Electri6ity's GUI will now show that the currently active playing articulation is "Harmonics".

3) Click Electri6ity's "Settings" tab, and select the "Settings / Fretboard" page. The 3rd parameter from the top of that page will be "Fretboard / Position / Artificial Harmonics". Move the control knob for that parameter until its window displays "5 Fret".

4) Play any "E" note within a guitar's playing range on your MIDI controller (or Kontakt's virtual keyboard). You can click Electri6ity's "Fretboard" tab to visually verify that the program recognizes that are playing a 5th fret harmonic on the low "E" string. On a real guitar, this harmonic is an "E", 2 octaves above the pitch of the open string. Do you hear an "E", or do you hear a G# ? Grab a real guitar and compare its 5th fret harmonic to Electri6ity's. What do you hear?

5) Test the 5th fret harmonics for the 5 other strings. To do this you have to follow Vir2's rather bizarre string selection scheme that applies while the "Harmonics" playing articulation is active: "F" and "F#" notes within the normal playing range of a guitar play the "A" string, "G" or G#" notes play the "D" string, "A" or "A#" notes play the "G" string, "B" notes play the "B" string, and notes from "C" to "D#" play the high "E" string. Are the pitches that you hear 2 octaves above the corresponding open string? Do they match what you hear on a real guitar?

6) Go back to the "Settings / Fretboard" page and adjust the knob controlling the "Fretboard / Position / Artificial Harmonics" parameter and repeat these tests with settings of "7 Fret", "4 Fret", etc. Compare the pitches Electri6ity produces with those from a real guitar. I believe that you'll find that the only setting that produces the correct pitches is "12 Fret".

Here are 15 examples of errors in the Electri6ity User Manual that I want to share. On page 16, both the "Sustain" and the "Half-Muted" playing articulations are shown as being selected by playing the keyswitch B0 with the appropriate MIDI velocity - the correct keyswitch is B-1, as indicated on pages 27, 28, 29, 51, and 52. On page 49, the parameters "Playing / Trills (Speed) through Playing / Switch to Ghost Notes at Low velocity" are shown as being assigned to MIDI Continuous Controller #s 43 - 55, respectively. These are all wrong. The correct CC #s are 49, 50, 43, 44, 45, undefined, undefined, 46, 47, undefined, undefined, and undefined. You can confirm the correct CC #s by checking the "Settings / Playing" page. There you'll also be able to see that "Playing / Switch to Ghost Notes at Low Velocity" isn't even a parameter - "Switch to Ghost Notes at Low Velocity" is actually one of two possible settings for the "Playing / Muted Morph" parameter. When I tried to pass this information on to Big Fish Audio during our most recent phone conversation, they didn't want to hear anything about it - after all, "there are no problems with Electri6ity", and I'm the idiot who thinks that the harmonics are at the wrong pitches.
Please test the information that I have presented and respond with your own findings and comments. For the record, I am using the latest version of Electri6ity (1.1) on an Intel Mac Pro which is running OS X 10.6.8. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read this and get involved in trying to improve Electri6ity.