• Register
  • Help

Topic: Building drum kit

Share/Bookmark

Building drum kit

(Giga newbie here, apologies in advance). I would like to build a csutom drum kit from Bass, cymbals, and toms from the acoustic essentials and the foot controller snare that comes with the gigasampler. I guess the questio is how do I convert the acoustic essential gigs into files that can be used a new, single instrument? Does this make sense? Any help appreciated.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Building drum kit

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magpel:
    (Giga newbie here, apologies in advance). I would like to build a csutom drum kit from Bass, cymbals, and toms from the acoustic essentials and the foot controller snare that comes with the gigasampler. I guess the questio is how do I convert the acoustic essential gigs into files that can be used a new, single instrument? Does this make sense? Any help appreciated.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A man after my own heart. I have made a kit with exactly those components. You\'ll love it, it really kicks.

Here\'s the easy way. Save the Acoustic Essentials Kit as a new differently named GIG. Open the Foot Control Snare, and select, right click, and copy the regions you see there. Bring your new AE kit up, and right click in some free space on the keyboard. Select Paste copy Here.

This gets the samples pasted in. From here, you can map them as you wish. You can ditch the regions you pasted in--the samples will remain. If you\'re using a pad, what you want to do is map as many samples as possible to a region. Depending on your controller, you might want to set up two regions. I have a TD-7 kit which sends two notes per pad (one invoked by rim shots). So I mapped one region to be all \"center of head\" hits, and another region with \"rim\" hits and rimshots. When I play the pad, it is a really uncanny feeling to hear rim shots playing when I hit the rims.

Re: Building drum kit

As you can see from the difference in dates, I\'m no longer a giga-newbie, but still a giga-moron. And I\'m asking humbly for more help.

I tried to do what Bruce suggested to build my dream kit, got as far as selecting the active regions of the nemesys foot-controller snare, but I can\'t figure out for the life of me how to copy those regions for pasting into the Acoustic Essentials kit. Right clicking on the region(s) calls up a menu with only new region, delete region, and properties as the options. The \"edit\" menu has no Windows standard cut-copy-paste commands. I would be grateful if some of you would review my initial post and Bruce\'s response in order to help me out of this pickle.

John

Go Back to forum