• Register
  • Help

Topic: Days of knights & faire ladies

Share/Bookmark

Days of knights & faire ladies

An impression of simple life, country peasants & noble Knighthood.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11531991

Cool Re: Days of knights & faire ladies

Now that's very cool! It does conjure up visions of Knights & Fair Ladies! Awesome work!
    Styxx

Re: Days of knights & faire ladies

Thanks for listening, Stuyxx.
    Gary

Hi, Gary - I listened to this some time ago, shortly after you posted it. At the time, I wasn't immediately sure what to say in a post, so I set that aside for another time. But time keeps ticking by!

Your music always provides an interesting experience for me, and sometimes, a challenging one. I find your musical sensibility and vision to be unique and un-categorizable.

This particular piece was perhaps more in the "challenging" category. I found it murky and moody, and with very welcome unpredictabilities - It was/is a rather supremely Mosse piece!

- And, as I listened to it again this morning, it came to me why I didn't drop word earlier to let you know I'd listened (which to me is something one should always do in the LR - to at least let the poster know you've listened) - It's because I find myself wishing you hadn't given it this title, and that you hadn't emphasized it in your text, "an impression of simple life, country peasants..." - Those descriptors of course set up an expectation that the music is meant to be specific, descriptive, even "program music" perhaps.

But for me there was a complete clash between the text and the music. It was bothering me that I couldn't make what I was hearing mesh with what you were saying it's meant to depict. I was wishing I hadn't had my imagination tampered with before listening, because, for me, the music was far too murky, at times dissonant, disorderly, Interesting - but sounding too complex to be representative of "simple life" etc.

There - I've tried to explain. None of the above is meant to be a criticism of the music - it's a confession about my confusion when I first heard this, and why it's taken me so long to try and respond to it.

In any case- Thanks for sharing your music!

Randy

Thanks for listening, Randy.
    Your comments too are unique among listeners. In a manner of speaking, you are one who can sell ice to Eskimos.
    The title is more of an impression. In many songs people add their own interpretation & that works in mine. My music usually goes from left to write. Despite being encouraged during 4 years of private comp lessons, I still just let the music go where it leads me. a tone quality may introduce a certain theme; range efffect the direction of the notes, etc.
    This "movie " might be a spoof instead of sticking to authenticity.
    Gary

Good, and very interesting. I can see the "peasant life" motif you were going for -- this reminds me of some of the riffs on "Belle" in the instrumental portion of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Nice stuff!
    Best,
    Tom Smith
    www.tomsmithonline.com

Thanks for listening, Tom.

I enjoyed this work.
    Trent P. McDonald

Thanks for listening, Trent.

Go Back to forum