• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audio CDs not working!?

Share/Bookmark

Audio CDs not working!?

I recently purchased GigaStudio 160, installed and configured it, and then tried to load *.gig files from the sample CDs that come with the product.

First problem, my HP 9100i CD-RW would not read any of the CDs. I have had this drive for a while now and have no problems reading any CDs up until now.

Resolution: Installed an old Toshiba 24x CD ROM I had lying around and it was able to read the sample CDs with the GIG files.

Second problem, I purchased two \"Audio\" sample CDs, but when I am in GigaStudio, the drive shows \"No CD Loaded\" or \"Unknown Format\"! The two CDs are mentioned a lot on this site (Will Lee\'s Ultra Freakin\' Bass and B. Clearmountain Drums Vol. II.

Windows 98 sees the drive fine, I can see all of the audio files on the CDs, but within GigaStudio I can\'t do anything!

Any suggestions...at this point, I will probably not purchase any sample CDs that are not in the Akai or GIG format.

Please help! Thanks.

Re: Audio CDs not working!?

Hey Doug...

Do you use an Audio Sample CDs and have you copied those files to a hard drive? Does GigaStudio see those files as well?

The reason I ask is because I tried that and it didn\'t work. I copied all of the audio files to one of my hard drives, openned Gigastudio, let it perform an update, but it didn\'t locate any of those files.

If I do this with \"gig\" files, it works fine.

Any thoughts? I am really concerned that I bought a product with a \"show-stopper\" of a bug.

I have the same problem with Gigastudio not able to read some Gigaformat and Akai CD\'s. However, if I copy the samples to my harddrive with Windows Explorer, Gigastudio is able to see and use the samples just fine.

Hello,

Although I am fairly new at this, I think, if I understand you correctly you said you can\'t get \"audio\" CD\'s to work, but you can get .gig files to work?

I assume by audio you mean .wav files, in which case you need to build a new .gig instrument out of the .wav files before you can use them with GS.

If not, you may have to first convert the CD tracks to .wav, then build the instrument.

I\'ve only had the program for a few days and I\'ve already made several .gig files out of .wav(es). It\'s kind of fun making your own new instruments!

John

Hollywood - no, I have not tried audio CD\'s. Sorry, not much help.

Doug

I recently purchased GigaStudio 160, installed and configured it 3x, and then tried to load Akai files readable by gigasampler and my Panasonic CD-RW would only read some CDs. I cant even find files to copy to hard drive in windows explorer.

Windows 98 sees the drive fine and within GigaStudio I can\'t do anything! The auto launch of S-converter does not happen and I can\'t find a way to manually load it? There is no help in the trouble shooting help were we are referred to from regular help file.

Please help! Thanks, Dana

Go Back to forum