• Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: Gondola on the river (classical piano)

Share/Bookmark

Re: Gondola on the river (classical piano)

I sent you the guitar version via private message. It should be there.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    I sent you the guitar version via private message. It should be there.
    Jay
    Oh-- No new message in my PM. My email link is under my name, go ahead and use that, Jay.
    Randy

Randy! I clicked on the avatar under your name and sent to the email on that page. Hope that works.
    Jay

Randy! I clicked on the avatar under your name and sent to the email on that page. Hope that works.
    Jay
    That's the ticket - It's arrived, thanks, Jay. I look forward to hearing it.

Randy

ok! You finally got it.
    Jay

Still busy with it. Found several errors. Had to correct a few phrases to accomodate the tonal transition. Almost finished copying it. Next days I will adjust the tempo and highlight the melody line, as with the velocities. I'm doing the very best making this piece sound great. Quite a few phrases are wonderful, but sometimes I have the feeling that the melodic/harmonic flow is "artificial" and simply constructed, which doesn't do the whole piece justice.

Please have patience with me, I am really reworking the piece to make it sound great.

Raymond

Parts of this remind me of Chopin. I like the piece and have listened to it on the GPO4 piano and Randy's rendition on the Authorized Steinway. Your music is excellent on whichever piano but the Authorized Steinway really makes it shine. I would love to have it (the Steinway) but budget doesn't allow for it (as for many other things I would want).

Good work on the piece and please post more of these gems.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Rich! Thanks for the nice words on this. I am sure that CHOPIN did not settle for anything less than the Garritan Authorized Steinway. Unlike you and I, he could afford it. It is always nice to read your comments.

Raymond! Take all of the time you need to rework this. Every one hears things in unique ways and I am truly looking forward to the results of your efforts.

Thanks all. Jay

I am sure that CHOPIN did not settle for anything less than the Garritan Authorized Steinway
    Not less than the Authorized Steinway, a different instrument. In fact two: Erard and Pleyel.

Raymond! Take all of the time you need to rework this. Every one hears things in unique ways and I am truly looking forward to the results of your efforts.
    Thank you for your patience..... I really want this piece shine... it is worth.

Raymond

Have fun!
    Jay

Go Back to forum