• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Raiders March - Complete

Share/Bookmark

Raiders March - Complete

Phew - glad that's finished.

Here's the video - full midi mock up running from my DAW (Ableton Live 8)

www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Raiders March - Complete

Well, there was a lot of work that went into that. It did show. Impressive!

The video, however, was hard to see what instrument was on which track. Even at 720 resolution, I couldn't read all the track names. I could tell what was playing by hearing the instruments and seeing the respective piano roll display. Nice work! I think you probably learned a lot from this experience.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I have to say, I'm impressed! Wow, that was a lot of work. I do agree with Rich, it was hard to see the tracks, but, hey, I was just groovin' with the music! I think you did a fantastic job on this! Absolutely fantastic!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Well done! Listenable and musical. Fun to listen to! Thanks!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

YAaaaah you, Graham - You finished it! And sooner than I thought possible. Sounds just great.

Maybe I said this before, but I honestly didn't know anyone was doing this kind of work with Ableton. It's an unusual choice of software for someone doing orchestral work like you, the way it's a building block copy and paste kind of clip oriented program.

I too wish I could have seen what was going on in the program more, see the tracks better. From this distance, things looked quantized, but I couldn't really tell.

In any case - great job, what an experience - spectacular results!

Randy

Thanks guys, honestly when I recorded this I did so at full monitor res and converted it at max quality - then youtube went and muddied it up on me. Normally you can retain a high quality version but that didn't happen here. It might be something to do with youtube flagging the music as copyright when I uploaded it (hey - kind of flattering!) - not sure - but they allowed it up anyway.

Personally I find Ableton a great intuitive DAW (in arrangement mode). Having attempted to use Reaper previously I just gave up due to it being all over the place. Plus it was worth getting Ableton for all the brilliant plugins it comes with.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Super job Graham. I think John Williams would love to hear your mock-up of one of his greatest pieces.

Yes, it was small and difficult to see ALL that was happening, but listening to the music and tracking the instruments as they entered, etc., was well worth my viewing time.

More......

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Oh, that's sweet.
    Best,
    Tom Smith
    www.tomsmithonline.com

Deleted by user

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Phew - glad that's finished.

Here's the video - full midi mock up running from my DAW (Ableton Live 8)

I think this is very convincing...sure would like to know what libraries you used.
    Thanks,
    GRB

Go Back to forum