• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Troubles with Finale, Aria Player, GIO, GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Troubles with Finale, Aria Player, GIO, GPO4

Hi all,

Some months ago I purchased Finale 2012. I also installed Garritan Personal Orchestra 4. Everything went OK.
    I'm using an imac (i7, 8 Gb RAM) with MacOs Lion.
    I've been working with Finale and GPO succesfully.

Today, I have purchased and downloaded Garritan Instant Orchestra, and the problems are here.

Although the software is registered, and I've got the activation card, there is no way to activate the program. It seems that Aria Player doesn't recognize the image when I drag it into the window.
    Besides, as a standalone, I can use Aria Player, which is able to load any bank of instruments (Finale default bank, GPO4, and GIO).
    However, Finale crashes when I try to open it.

The latest versions of Aria Player (1.128) and of Finale 2012 are running on the computer.

Any ideas???

Thanks.

Re: Troubles with Finale, Aria Player, GIO, GPO4

You need to submit a detailed message to Support ASAP. This is a period of transition with Garritan having become part of Make Music/Finale, and we've noticed that it's taking longer than usual for Support to assist - so, the sooner you get your detailed report in, the better.

Here's the link to the Support page at the Garritan store:

http://www.garritan.com/store/support/contact/

Randy

Thanks ....

I've already done it...

The problem is between Finale and GIO / Aria Player, because in the same computer, Cubase (6) is able to load any instrument and they work fine (GIO, GPO4...)

Quote Originally Posted by pistolilla View Post
    Thanks ....

I've already done it...

The problem is between Finale and GIO / Aria Player, because in the same computer, Cubase (6) is able to load any instrument and they work fine (GIO, GPO4...)
    I understand, it's a problem between Finale and ARIA - It's good you've sent in your detailed problem report.

Randy

It's a pity! When I am able to "make" something with Finale.... Now it crashes... I hope there'll be a solution soon.

Meanwhile, I can work with Cubase, but I prefer notation software.

I wonder if it would it be nice (for me) to buy Sibelius 7, too ??

Best regards,

Luis

It's a pity! When I am able to "make" something with Finale.... Now it crashes... I hope there'll be a solution soon.

Best regards,

Luis
    Hi Luis,

This KB article should solve your issue;

http://makemusic.custhelp.com/app/an...blg4a2dvVWs%3D

I hope you enjoy Instant Orchestra!

Best,
    Chad

Thanks for trying to help... But that doesn't fix it.

In fact, I found that yesterday, doing some research.

I downloaded the file "GIOinstruments.soundmap", but there is no subfolder "data" to put it in. Should I create one and locate the file there?... It didn't work...

So... No solution yet...

Best regards,

Luis
    Hey Luis!

Sounds to me like it may have something to do with Finale 2012. I have 2011 and have not had any problems with any of the libraries, including GIO. Only issue I ever run into is using percussion. For some reason after inputting new percussion notes Finale will crash frequently. I make sure I always save it first after inputting and before playing the music back. If it crashes I restart Finale. Granted, that's not the ideal way of working on music (and it drives me nuts). Have you addressed any of these problems to MakeMusic or inquired through the Forum there?

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Hi again...
    It's been fixed.
    We were in the right direction, but there is an issue we have to take into account.
    I have received an emai from MakeMusic Customer Support (they've been very quick... Congratulations!)

I re-write here the solution, perhaps it helps ...

"On your Mac HD, there are two Library folders, one on the root and the one in your user account. The user account Library folder won't have that Data folder, but the root one does. To get to it, follow these steps:

1. Quit Garritan Instant Orchestra.
    2. In Finder, navigate to Go menu > Go to folder
    3. Type or copy & paste the following location: /Library/Application support/MakeMusic/Finale/Data
    4. click Go, and copy the GIOInstruments.soundmap file to here

------

These instructions are a bit different if you are using MacOs in Spanish, it is in my case, but it's all similar.
    In fact there was a GIOInstrument.soundmap file there, but I replaced it with the new one.

And it works!!
    Now GIO and GPO (or other virtual instrument) can be used at the same time in Finale. That's what I wanted....

Thanks again.....

Hi again...
    And it works!!
    Now GIO and GPO (or other virtual instrument) can be used at the same time in Finale. That's what I wanted....

Thanks again.....
    Glad to hear you are up and running! Enjoy IO!

Best,
    Chad

Go Back to forum