• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Request

Share/Bookmark

Request

So here's something I would really appreciate if anyone has the time to do it. I'm very interested in purchasing IO for the sake of the choir samples but I've found very little audio demos on youtube and on Garritan's site. If anyone has the time to produce a short mp3 using some of the choir samples, that would be awesome. It can just be a couple of chords or you can just import a midi file. (Beethoven's 9th, the "joyful, joyful" part for example)

Last year I purchased a game entitled "Trine 2". The overall aesthetics of the game were fantastic. There was one level in particular that really stood out to me where you're on this beautiful beach. Here's the music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk4P11bqScI I recently replayed it and ever since I've wanted to do an instrumental that utilizes choir textures.

Re: Request

Quote Originally Posted by Dane Grant View Post
    So here's something I would really appreciate if anyone has the time to do it. I'm very interested in purchasing IO for the sake of the choir samples but I've found very little audio demos on youtube and on Garritan's site. If anyone has the time to produce a short mp3 using some of the choir samples, that would be awesome. It can just be a couple of chords or you can just import a midi file. (Beethoven's 9th, the "joyful, joyful" part for example)

Last year I purchased a game entitled "Trine 2". The overall aesthetics of the game were fantastic. There was one level in particular that really stood out to me where you're on this beautiful beach. Here's the music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk4P11bqScI I recently replayed it and ever since I've wanted to do an instrumental that utilizes choir textures.
    Here is a short piece I wrote for an act intro for a Gothic play produced locally. Hope it helps.

http://www.box.com/s/9fbf3469f521530e8aed

The choir comes in just after the violin solo.

I know those sounds, lol, but which choir sample did you use?
    ~Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by Dane Grant View Post

Hi, Dane - I played that at YouTube - I didn't hear any choir.--?-- There's a solo voice, perhaps done with something like Vocaloid, but that's a very different thing from the choir-ish textures in Instant Orchestra.

IO has layered sounds that include Choir samples, but no pure choir-only set like in GPO. And definitely no solos like in this.

Tom - Like your theatre cue!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    I know those sounds, lol, but which choir sample did you use?
    ~Rodney
    I/O, full choir in octaves.

Nice. What reverb, just wondering also.
    ~Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    Nice. What reverb, just wondering also.
    ~Rodney
    Garritan Cathedral. All done with a single incidence of ARIA.

Hi, Dane -

I put together a simple demo for you and anyone else interested.

Here's a folder with 12 brief MP3s, averaging 15 seconds each. They are samples of all of the Choir patches in Instant Orchestra:

THE IO CHOIRS

That link is to the master folder for the clips, where you'll find the 12 MP3s labeled "a" through "l," and an abbreviation of what patch is used on each recording.

These are all straight "out of the box" recordings with no editing. They're simple improvs I whipped together this afternoon. You'll get to hear what each of the available choir-based instruments sound like in IO.

Here's the list of the patches, in the order they appear in the folder:

a-Cathedral Orchestra 1 (several patches are called "orchestra," but feature the choir samples)
    b-Cathedral Orchestra 2
    c-Ethereal Orchestra 1
    d-Ethereal Orchestra 2
    e-Full Choir
    f-Full Choir Octaves
    g-Full Choir Slow
    h-Horrid Choir
    i-Silvery Choir
    j-Silvery Choir Octaves

Those are the 10 patches in IO's Choir folder. Several more patches are in the "Blending Textures" folder that make use of some of the same Choir patches, mixed with other instruments. Two examples are included.

k-Sordino Strings-Cathedral Choir
    l-Full Strings-Full Choir

Both of these patches feature a cross fade feature. The Mod Wheel is used to go back and forth between the two instruments listed in their names. So in "k" you'll hear strings morphing into the Choir. The same thing happens in "l," only that patch uses the full strings and full choir.

As I said in my earlier reply, there are no solo voices like in the You Tube video you posted. But these are some very nice choir textures that lend themselves very well to soundtrack and new age work.

Randy

Those are interesting. I am not sure I can work in that context though. I am more linear in thinking and always have had a hard time with dropping in phrases and loops as part of a composition. I am certainly lacking in learning that ability.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum