• Register
  • Help

Topic: Na Pali - Finale Contest Entry

Share/Bookmark

Na Pali - Finale Contest Entry

Hi all,

Hadn't had an opportunity to compose in quite awhile and learned about the Finale/Garritan contest via this forum. I noticed that others were posting their efforts and thought I'd chime in with my own.

It was great fun and a learning experience. I especially had fun playing with the Instant Orchestra.

My entry is posted at http://soundcloud.com/jon-bryson/napali-4/s-62Hfe

Been enjoying listening to some of the other forum members entries, great fun!

Cheers,
    Jon

Re: Na Pali - Finale Contest Entry

I remember hearing this one during the contest. Nice mix and rhythms. Thanks for posting.

Jim

Jon! I didn't recognize your name back when the contest was running, but I heard your entry on Facebook and thought it was outstanding. I still do--Really nice to hear it again. Really creative and well done.

Yes - awhile back we were trying to get all the Forum members who entered the contest to post their entries here--SO, I'm glad you finally caught up with that idea so everyone here can be sure to hear it.

Another one that could've gone much farther in the contest had it been run in any kind of logical and fair way.

Randy

Well done, Jon. Very creative production that paints a musical description of your titled, geographical location. Kind of makes the listener want to journey to Na Pali.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Have to say I had a booger of a time with the mix, I think I still overdid it a bit with processing. I'm discovering I have some work to do in making mixes that are portable between different listening environments.

Thanks again for listening and the kind words.

Jon

Go Back to forum