• Register
  • Help

Topic: Computer music mag review of IO

Share/Bookmark

Computer music mag review of IO

Just a note to say I read a review of IO in Computer Music Magazine here in Ireland. An impressive 9 out of 10.

Here's a direct link

http://www.gamesofcthulhu.com/music/garritan_io.jpg

and below is the image. It's bigger at the direct link.

www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Computer music mag review of IO

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Just a note to say I read a review of IO in Computer Music Magazine here in Ireland. An impressive 9 out of 10.

I captured a shot of the review on my phone but won't be able to upload until tonight sometime.
    Wow! That's really awesome. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing the review later.
    ~Rodney

Updated first post with the review.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Great, Graham - Thanks for posting the review. I looked around online for it, but they don't seem to make current articles available. Now I've read it and am glad that it's such a highly enthusiastic review.

"...Instant Orchestra sounds terrific - very Hollywood..."

"...Instant Orchestra is absurdly simple to use and sounds a lot more expensive than it is..."

"...it simply doesn't get any easier than this..."

I'm glad to see him say that the Expression Switch set to "Extend (GPO)" mode is "...a more performance oriented alternative to standard GM operation." That's exactly right, and has been one of the distinctive hallmarks of Garritan instruments since the beginning.

It wasn't accurate for the reviewer to say the Ensemble patches have layers of instruments all on different MIDI channels. Some do, but others get their huge sound by having the layers all on the same MIDI channel. -- That doesn't matter though - The user can easily find out how sounds are put together in IO by loading things up and looking at ARIA.

Really nice to see Garritan getting a good plug like that-Thanks for posting it for us.

Randy

Go Back to forum