• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using samples for choir recording

Share/Bookmark

Using samples for choir recording

I am interested to know if anyone has successfully utilized CD\'s suck as Peter Siedlaczek\'s Classical Choir or others in production CD\'s requiring choir for either background or featured parts. Did you mix it with live voices? If so how few did you use? Did you also use doubling? Detuning? How did you mix the recorded voices with the samples? Did you try to approximate the words used with the vowels/consonants provided on the sample CD? Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Using samples for choir recording

Good question , I would also like to know that as well. I am a guitar player just getting in to giga sampler/giga studio, and although I have alot of experiance in recording and dinasaur sampling [sampling before it reached its current state of the expressive control with demisions,real time midi control of many different variations etc] ,any info about making orchestral voices , strings,wind and percussion sound more expressive would be much apreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Gregorian choir is a little weak. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many consider the Gregorian Men \"Choirs\" to be outstanding.

Lawrence

The gregorian choir on the old GIGAPACK cd roms have more bite and cut through in a big mix better. The gregorian on Symphony of Voices is a little mellow for my tastes, but obviously could still be very useful.

Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices is the best choir cd rom around. It\'s still not very expressive though. Gregorian choir is a little weak. Peter S. Classical choir works sometimes. I have never been able to predict whether it will work in a track or not. The sound is too thick, bright and static sounding, mostly. I have layered live vocals with both libraries with decent results.

\"I have layered live vocals with both libraries with decent results.\"

How did you accomplish it and what do you consider \"decent results\". Did you utilize a pad using an \"ooo\" or something similar or try to build words or what? I\'m finding that nothing seems to work satisfactorily. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Go Back to forum