• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio General Protection Fault

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio General Protection Fault

After installing GigaStudio, entering Key code, etc., I get final ‘Congratulations- you’re registered’ screen. When clicking ‘Finish’, get error:

“Gstudio- This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Details:

GSTUDIO caused a general protection fault in module V128IID.DRV at 0002:00008c91...\"

I have two soundcards on my system- an EgoSys Waveterminal 2496 (used for audio output, including digital out) AND a Turtle Beach Montego II soundcard (which is used for MIDI input, and Sound Blaster Pro emulation). I saw a post on this site regarding disabling the 2nd audio card in a two-card system, but I cannot do this as my 2nd card is being used for MIDI input. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: GigaStudio General Protection Fault

I have a combination of Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 for audio and the Turtle Beach Montego II for midi input (and games) and have had no conflict problems (so far, in a new system).

Taking a wild guess, I would assume
    that the V128IID.DRV is related to your
    system\'s graphic card.

Try changine either or both the color depth/screen resolution. To do this, move the cursor to the desktop and hit the right mouse button, select properties.

We have seen problems with some graphics drivers not properly supporting certain screen resolutions or bit depths.

Hope this helps.

Joe (NemeSys)
    If

This is a video conflict. Try setting your \"color\" resolution to something other than 16 bit. 256 works and 32 bit should work but not 16 bit
    Dave

Thanks Dave and Joe of NemeSys for the quick response! I tested your suggestions and found that neither 16-bit nor 32-bit color mode will work with GigaStudio on my system. But 256-color mode WILL work (so far!). Strange, I didn\'t have this bug in the older GigaSampler software (it ran under 16-bit color mode). Anyway- I can deal with this. GigaStudio is now up and running for the first time, and I\'m busy converting hundreds of samples to version 2.0 gig!

Go Back to forum