• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria: how to reload patches from single-out to multi-out Aria player

Share/Bookmark

Question Aria: how to reload patches from single-out to multi-out Aria player

Sorry if this trivial... I am using GPO4 in Sonar X1. I created tracks using instances of the single-output Aria player. I now realize that in this case I should have used 32-out Aria players.

I saved presets and banks, killed the single-out players, created multi-out players and tried to reload patches to not avail. Aria says that these fxp/fxb files were not created for that player.

How can one switch from single-out to multi-out Aria player without having to redefine each patch? Thanks!

Re: Aria: how to reload patches from single-out to multi-out Aria player

OH, that's too bad. The single audio out version of ARIA is intended for notation programs. You of course want the multi-out version that has 16 stereo outs.

I've never had to deal with that kind of reconstruction project - But you can save your layouts as a new Ensemble. Is that what you did? In the Ensemble window, right click and save your list of instruments as a user pre-set? Maybe that's what you mean you've done - and if it's not working, then it would appear to be because your list was assembled in the wrong ARIA.

Randy

What is meant by single-output Aria player?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    What is meant by single-output Aria player?
    In your folder of VST plugins you'll see there are two versions of ARIA. One is labeled "VST" and the other is labeled "Multi VST." The former has one stereo pair of audio outs, labeled 1/2. The multi version is what you need for recording purposes, it has 16 stereo audio outs, so each instrument is on its own track in the project file. If the multi .dll isn't used - there's no way to get much control over your music.

Randy

Hi Randy! That's what I was afraid of although I still cannot understand why they could not allow loading up patches (presets) between the two Aria players. Of course outputs would have to be reassigned but at least instruments and settings could be reused. Well...

My project started as a quick little mock-up that turned to a full-fledged orchestra thing. I thought I could get by with just one stereo out. I live and learn...

I finally ended up reloading instruments and resetting all settings manually.

I always wondered why the stereo version of Aria... Now I know... Thanks for your help Randy!!

Quote Originally Posted by iamnemo View Post
    Hi Randy! That's what I was afraid of although I still cannot understand why they could not allow loading up patches (presets) between the two Aria players...
    Well - Actually they did allow this to work. Your problem got me curious, since, as I said earlier, I've never gone through the scenario you described.

There's something incorrect in the way you're doing this. I just now ran a test, and a full 16 instrument set up created in the Multi ARIA opened with no problem in the single track ARIA.

Here's all I did:

--Set up my 16 instruments in the Multi ARIA. Changed some settings.
    --In the ENSEMBLE window of ARIA, I clicked, chose "Save." I typed a name and let it save to the default location. This creates an "ariax" file.
    --Opened up the single channel version of ARIA. Clicked in the ENSEMBLE window, chose "user" and there was my saved pre-set.

I capitalized ENSEMBLE because I'm not sure you noticed in my first reply I was explaining this is done in the Ensemble window of ARIA. You said you were making "fxp" files - That's using the generic VST pre-set thing --and I just tested that. It actually works too. But you should stick with the ARIA Ensemble convention to keep your things organized.

Don't know what you did wrong - But - it definitely works. Ensembles are interchangeable between the two versions of ARIA.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I was explaining this is done in the Ensemble window of ARIA. You said you were making "fxp" files - That's using the generic VST pre-set thing --and I just tested that. It actually works too. But you should stick with the ARIA Ensemble convention to keep your things organized.
    Randy
    You are right. I was using the VST saving scheme, not Ensemble. It does work now and it will prove useful in the future. Thanks!

Otoh I'm still not sure that fxp files saved in the single-output version of Aria can be reloaded in the multi version. Didn't work for me. Maybe just the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by iamnemo View Post
    You are right. I was using the VST saving scheme, not Ensemble. It does work now and it will prove useful in the future. Thanks!

Otoh I'm still not sure that fxp files saved in the single-output version of Aria can be reloaded in the multi version. Didn't work for me. Maybe just the other way around?
    Hello again, iamnemo - Glad you have that straight now, to use the Ensemble saving function in ARIA. Sorry you went through all the hassle of reconstruction when you didn't need to. Next time!

Meanwhile - good call about fxp files saved in single-output not opening in multi-output. You're right - I just now checked it, and it doesn't work. Yesterday I'd only quickly checked it going in the other direction. Trying to use the VST saving function with ARIA was totally new to me until your posts made me want to try it.

SO - this thread should be useful to other users - ARIA has a great user saving function, and pre-sets between the two versions of ARIA are interchangeable. Good!

Randy

Thanks again Randy. Your reply was very helpful to me (and others I'm sure). I will only use Ensemble saves... and multi-out Aria players from now on!

Best regards from Canada! Iam

Go Back to forum