• Register
  • Help

Topic: Should I install an automatic humidity control system on a Steinway B (home use)

Share/Bookmark

Should I install an automatic humidity control system on a Steinway B (home use)

Hi,

Does anyone own a system from www.pianolifesaver.com or similar products? I’ve been researching this for a while but haven’t made a decision yet. I’m still unsure of the risk level of installing such a system causing potential damage to the instrument itself. Would you share your experience or knowledge?

Thank you.

Re: Should I install an automatic humidity control system on a Steinway B (home use)

Unfortunately I haven't tried these - though I have plenty of experience with changing humidity effects. You might get good advice at your local piano dealer, or by talking to a technician or two - http://www.ptg.org/Scripts/4Disapi.d...FQlbhwodV21WZg
    Let us know how it turns out if you install one.

Re: Should I install an automatic humidity control system on a Steinway B (home use)

When I had the Schimmel, it crossed my mind. Searched for a solution and found one in a simple freestanding, selfcontrolled apparatus(swtiched on when the humidity was below a certain level). Forgot the brand. The advice was "never attach such thing to your grand piano". And don't forget to add "water" to this thing, once in a while. And never install a central heating near the instrument or never put the instrument in a too small room with a central heating (radiator).

Raymond

What relationship with Garritan Steinway ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lylo View Post
    What relationship with Garritan Steinway ?
    Humidity control will definitely help how you feel about the Garritan Steinway.

Go Back to forum