• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dies Dirorum

Share/Bookmark

Dies Dirorum

This is the third in the Dies Organ suite to be completed, but not necessarily the third in sequence.

Uses GPO organ only.

Dies Dirorum

A bit over 6 minutes long.

Two more movements in the works. One other long work also, so it will probably be a while for the next.

Richard

Re: Dies Dirorum

Richard, there seems to be something faulty in either your MP3, or with the file when you uploaded it. The link takes me to the Box MP3 player, but it doesn't work. So I downloaded the file instead - but Media Player can't play it. I also signed in to my Box account to see if that would make a difference, and it didn't.

So - look into that, I'm sure you'll find out whatever the problem is.

Randy

Well, Randy, I checked it out, and it works quite properly now. It looks like either a temporary glitch at Box or problem on your system. I am fairly certain there was a glitch at Box which somehow was corrected when I logged in and selected the file. But first I checked the same mp3 on Score Exchange, where it was okay.

Thanks for calling my attention to it.

Richard

Yes, it works fine now, Richard.

It doesn't really matter, since it has nothing to do with what you've written, but I have a problem with solo organ, no matter what the music is. Fine, that's my issue - I mention it because my personal taste of not caring much for solo organ naturally is a bit of an obstacle for me when I sit down to listen to a piece written for organ.

That being said, and to be frank, I found this the most difficult of the solo organ pieces you've been posting, difficult in the sense of not very enjoyable for me to listen to. It's so relentless and dissonant, I had a partial impression of distant underscoring for a particularly morbid horror movie, something like that. - well, so I didn't care for this one so much. But I did want you to know I at least had a listen!

Randy

Well, Randy, even though you did not enjoy it, your comments were useful to me. They showed that I achieved my aim rather well.

I have put the Dies Suite aside for a while, in order to finish the Galactica Suite, which I have been working with since about 1988, testing it in various forms.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Well, Randy, even though you did not enjoy it, your comments were useful to me. They showed that I achieved my aim rather well...
    Well good. We don't always aim to massage our listeners ears!

Randy

Go Back to forum