• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Fable of Tara (Remake with IO)

Share/Bookmark

The Fable of Tara (Remake with IO)

Here is a remake of one of my earlier songs from 2006. I used mostly IO and some ewqlso silver edition. The original version suffered from bad mixing quality and clipping .

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=205819309530676&set=vb.100003078247073 &type=2&theater

NOTE: I accidently posted this in the wrong listening area. I didn't realize that there were two. I was wondering if a moderator can please delete the other post which is in the sample library listening room.

Thumbs up Re: The Fable of Tara (Remake with IO)

nice - very!

i don't know much japanese music (only gaming - and that only to a point), but it seems to have strong resemblence with a lot of the japanese fantasy game music? the tone from the instruments is stong, lovely, etc. - can this be achieved in GPO?

and most of all, oh how i love going to the listening threads on the various sampling websites and finding GEMS like these!

also, can this be downloaded?

Re: The Fable of Tara (Remake with IO)

What violin sample did you use?
    ~Rodney

@PrestonC
    Thanks! I am also a fan of Japanese music as well. I will post an mp3 shortly.

@composingatnight
    The violin-like instrument is the solo double bowed cello from EWQLSO Silver Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    @PrestonC
    Thanks! I am also a fan of Japanese music as well. I will post an mp3 shortly.

@composingatnight
    The violin-like instrument is the solo double bowed cello from EWQLSO Silver Edition.
    Thank you for the answer!
    ~Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Here is a remake of one of my earlier songs from 2006. I used mostly IO and some ewqlso silver edition. The original version suffered from bad mixing quality and clipping .

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=205819309530676&set=vb.100003078247073 &type=2&theater

NOTE: I accidently posted this in the wrong listening area. I didn't realize that there were two. I was wondering if a moderator can please delete the other post which is in the sample library listening room.
    It's a magnificent sounding recording, sururick. You must be very glad that you revived your work, using more sophisticated instruments and an improved recording technique. I think the music is in the soundtrack/gaming genre, and very nicely arranged.

It's OK that you also have this posted in the Listening Area. That's for music that uses various libraries, as you did here, so it's appropriate to have it posted there.

Thanks for the post!

Randy

@PrestonC
    Here is the mp3 download! You may have to right click save as.
    http://www.thedramaticwar.com/The-Fable-of-Tara.mp3

@composingatnight
    You are welcome.

@rbowser
    Thanks for the feedback. I really am enjoying IO. I am thinking of remaking a few more of my older songs with it.

Although most of the music I make is more on the sorrowful or tragic side, I also like to compose heroic and dramatic kind of compositions. I also do a bit of video game remixing.

Here are more of my older fantasy based songs:
    http://www.thedramaticwar.com/fantasy

There are also other categories such as heroic, dramatic, love, etc. Eventually, I will be placing all of these for download.

The libraries that I own and use are: Dimension Pro (one of my favourites also came bundled with some GPO instruments), EWQLSO Silver Edition, Vienna Symphonic Choir (has good legato), DIVA Revamp (excellent female soloist library), Bela D media Girls Choir, and now I am getting familiar with Garritan Instant Orchestra (really enjoying it!). I think that is about it. I also use some soundfonts here and there.

Go Back to forum