• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Opinions on acoustic drums sample CDs

Share/Bookmark

Opinions on acoustic drums sample CDs

I am in the market for some good quality, very usable acoustic drums sample cd (no loops). I have heard the demo only of Bob Clearmountain drums vol. II and was not very impressed by it. Others I have heard for akai s1000 (to covert so giga) are interactive drum kits, groovemaster drums, double platinum drums, retro funk drums, and Peter Irskine living drums. It seems as though most of the CD\'s out there are drum loops. Does anyone have any positive feedback they could share with me about a drum sample cd rom? I appreciate your help.

Right now it still seems like a good, old-fashioned drum machine still does the trick better than these disks.

Stephen

Re: Opinions on acoustic drums sample CDs

Stephen,

What kind of drum samples are you looking for? Drum Set, Orchestral, World? We are currently distributing an orchestral percussion library and will soon be comming out with a drum set, world, and marimba and vibes cd. We have demos posted in the user demos area that you can check out. Let me know what you think.

Donnie

\"Right now it still seems like a good, old-fashioned drum machine still does the trick better than these disks.\"

Stephen, I can\'t agree with you.
    -Burning Groove\'s cd 2 is only drum kits (awesome kits by the way). The same thing happens with groovemaster drum cd 2, only hits.
    -Bob Clearmountain Vol.1 is a great cd too (no loops).
    -Peter Erskine Living Drums have loops, but the kits are hi quality stuff.
    Also check: Real Mega drums and Ross Garfield Doctor does drums.

Good luck.

I hate drum machine sounds, unless Im programming techno music.

IG

Thanks Donnie and Ig for your input.

I mainly record jazz and new age type music using gigasampler primarily. I have found that the cymbals (hi-hats in particular) suffer the most on the sample CD\'s I mentioned above. THe never sound convincing to me. But, I will look into the sample cd\'s you recommended. How well did the non-gigasampler formats of these CD\'s convert to gigasampler? I am pretty sure that the burning grooves is in Akai s1000 and same is true for Bob clearmountain #1. Let me know if you were able to use these with gigasampler after converting with the s-converter utility.

By the way, I just purchased the Conexant Gm500 library, but I haven\'t received it in the mail yet. I have heard the GM kit included is pretty good. I wonder if anyone can compare the quality of that kit to any of the sample CD\'s we have already mentioned

Thanks

I use the Acoustic Essentials CD ROM. The drums respond to dynamics better than any other library I have tried, i.e., Clearmountain, Drum Doctor, etc...
    You mentioned Jazz, there is even a jazz ride that when you accent it, it plays the stick hitting the edge of the cymbal rather than the bell. There are alot of cymbals to choose. For the $59 it is a steal. You can check it out at www.members.xoom.com/esounds

Good luck

Sorry the address is
    members.xoom.com/esounds

We are selling Acoustic Essential from our online store at: http://www.worrasplace.com

If you dig Jazz, you will love Peter\'s Erskine\'s Jazz Kit. About the cymbals problems, I always have to set the release on GS Edit the way I like, most cases I set it to zero. I use to set the releases even from the native gigasampler format cds. All the cds I mentionate converts perfectly into gig format.

I\'ve had trouble converting The Burning Grooves CD2 (akai format) in S-convert.
    It always halts when it comes to the ride and crash cymbal sounds. I wonder why?

I had to manually extract the wavs from each kit and build my own kits in gigasampler\'s annoying editor. Anyway it worked out fine in the end

Hi All
    When you purchase giga sampler there is a demo disc that comes with it and one of the patches is a kit from bob clearmountain 2 giga format library , it\'s a pretty good drum kit with most of the percussion having 4 velocities . Also on that demo there is a great snare drum by nemesys that is very expressive , you can replace the snare on the bob clearmountain kit with the nemesys one .

Go Back to forum