• Register
  • Help

Topic: did Garritan make any Choir Library?

Share/Bookmark

did Garritan make any Choir Library?

surfing the post I find someone mentioning "Garritan Choir", but i can't find any track of it in the official site.

Is it an obsolete product? or a beta- project?

I ask because I like Garritan products, and I'm looking for a good Choir library, but the one I did buy, even if expensive and advertised by a big big company, it's almost unusable (a "worldbuilder" application that simply doesn't work with any of my sequencers and computers).

I don't need aaahhh and ooohhhh, but a library singing words.

Thanks to any expert who can comment on that.

Re: did Garritan make any Choir Library?

Quote Originally Posted by chormeister View Post
    surfing the post I find someone mentioning "Garritan Choir", but i can't find any track of it in the official site.

Is it an obsolete product? or a beta- project?

I ask because I like Garritan products, and I'm looking for a good Choir library, but the one I did buy, even if expensive and advertised by a big big company, it's almost unusable (a "worldbuilder" application that simply doesn't work with any of my sequencers and computers).

I don't need aaahhh and ooohhhh, but a library singing words.

Thanks to any expert who can comment on that.
    Hello again, Chormeister - I just finished replying to your post on the movie sound track thread. Thanks for getting involved here!

Currently there isn't a Garritan Choir Library. GPO has a choir patch in it, just "ahs" and "oohs." Instant Orchestra has some more sophisticated layered choir sounds, but with just "ahs."

There is a list of Libraries that Garritan is currently developing, and a Choir is one of them. But it's been delayed for a very long time. I think it's still going to be developed and released, but with no word about it for a long time, it's certain that this Library won't be appearing any time soon.

The concept, as it was stated some time ago, was to have a Choir with a word building function so that words can be sung. Difficult thing to put together in a way that makes it truly accessible to the average user. But we all hope to see the Garritan Choir at some point.

Randy

Re: did Garritan make any Choir Library?

Thanks for kind and accurate answer. I'm looking forward to the news then...

cheers
    Franz

Go Back to forum