• Register
  • Help

Topic: Force GS to look in 1 place

Share/Bookmark

Force GS to look in 1 place

Is there a way to tell GigaStudio to look in only one place for supported sound files (wav, gig, whatever)?

Everytime I install some new software or copy WAVs to my system, GS takes a long time to just load. I only want GS to look for GIGs in place. The feature of looking over your entire system is good (I guess), but I\'d like to tell it where to look instead.

Thanks,
    Ron

Re: Force GS to look in 1 place

It\'s not too big a deal. It would be a nice option for later. I had just copied 6 loops CDs for Acid to my computer and later started GS. It sat there for about 20 minutes before it finally loaded to look over all of those new WAV files.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Ron

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Today, v2.0 of GigaStudio . . .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must have slept through v1.0!

Lawrence

Ron,

The QuickSound database was designed to keep track of all media on your system. If you load new software which installs .wav, the technology detects sounds are being added or removed from your system. We no longer scan the entire system, but rather build a list of the new files into an intermediate log file. The next time that GigaStudio is launched the program examines this log file ( or you can manually invoke the servicing of this log file by hitting F5). In any case, the servicing of this log file should be fairly transparent, unless you have just installed/removed a ton of .wav files.

I guess that in future version we could design in a way to exclude drivers/directory.
    I can see an argument for wanting this feature. Today, v2.0 of GigaStudio include all fixed drives, and all folders on your system.

Hope this info helps in some way.

Joe (NemeSys)

Go Back to forum