• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphony of Voices

Share/Bookmark

Symphony of Voices

I\'m very interested in Symphony of Voices.

I could get the Kurzweil version, and play back the samples in that format (from my K2500), but the library is huge, and I would rather access if from GigaSampler. The problem is that there is no GIG format library available.

So, I\'m wondering if the Akai version of Symphony of Voices converts properly. I could get that version, and use it in GigaSampler, but I don\'t want to sacrifice ANY quality. I\'ll stick with the Kurzweil format, if it means better sound quality.

Of course, if there IS going to be a GigaSampler version of Symphony of Voices, then I\'ll wait for it - for a reasonable amount of time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is a relatively expensive library, and I don\'t want to make a mistake!

Lawrence

Re: Symphony of Voices

So, I\'m wondering if the Akai version of Symphony of Voices converts properly. I could get that version, and use it in GigaSampler, but I don\'t want to sacrifice ANY quality. I\'ll stick with the Kurzweil format, if it means better sound quality.

It converts fine. I had no problems with the whole akai set. This library was one of the first things I tried with gigasampler because of the relatively large size of the choir samples. I could only load up 3 or 4 patches before I ran out of room on my emu sampler. That\'s a thing of the past now

Gulliver.

Hi
    I have the 5 cd set in Akai and it converts great

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I\'ll go for it.

Lawrence

To Gulliver and Ken 159,

Whe convertiong SOV, did you guys keep all the variations ??? By doing so one single Cd of VOV would take up to 2.5 Gig of space since as you konw S-convert is not smart enough to reference program that uses the same wavesample without importing the wavesample in again and again !!!

Whe convertiong SOV, did you guys keep all the variations ???

Nope.. One reason is I don\'t utilize choir samples for every project, another is that a majority of the samples in the library come in duplicates of three labeled A, B and C. The \'A\' version of a sample is usually the biggest in size and best in quality while the \'C\' version is naturally the smallest in size with the lowest in quality. You can see it would be fruitless to convert the whole set. You\'re better off picking the samples you use most and save them on your HD.

SOV akai listing: http://www.ilio.com/spectrasonics/sov/1listakai.html

Regards,
    Gulliver.

Go Back to forum