• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Topic: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    Just my luck! Tried installing the Giga Piano several times into my slave hard drive. At about 7/8ths of the installation complete, I get a Runtime Error...abnormal program termination. Then, while in GigaStudio, I try loading the 1Gig Acoustic & Light Grand. All I get an error message. Anybody else get these error messages?

  2. #2

    Re: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    yep same here...

    I\'m gonna try copying it onto my harddrive sometime soon, when I need it.

    ouch hard drive space is running low

  3. #3

    Re: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    I have two sets of Studio 160; both sets have a defective Gigapiano CD. I think that the disks are readable on some drives but not others. I had to deselect Gigapiano in order to install Studio.

    There are a number of other problems typical of new software. Note to Papa, it might be helpful to create a temporary category for reporting bugs.

  4. #4

    Re: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    Same here. I got the runtime error and finally did the basic installation. Also, the soundware 2 disk is exhibiting the same problem. The drive gives an error message after trying to copy the larger gig files.

    Will Nemesys acknowledge that there is a problem and propose a solution?

  5. #5

    Re: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    What a coincidence, my giga piano does the exact same thing. For two of them to fail in the same place lead me to believe, there might be quite a few of them bad. After leaving messages for three day’s to Nemesys tech support, I was finally able to reached them though sales and they said they would send me another disk. I do love the program and it runs happily along side Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.03 running at 24bit.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by migo:
    Just my luck! Tried installing the Giga Piano several times into my slave hard drive. At about 7/8ths of the installation complete, I get a Runtime Error...abnormal program termination. Then, while in GigaStudio, I try loading the 1Gig Acoustic & Light Grand. All I get an error message. Anybody else get these error messages?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


  6. #6

    Re: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    Where\'s Dave Of NemeSys? Wonder if he can help.

    I hope that the problem is not with my slave hard drive. I have two Maxtor (7200rpm, 9ms access time) hard drives. One 30 gig (master) and one 20 gig (slave). I attempted to place the Gigapiano in the slave. All the other music files were loaded without a problem.

    I sent an email to the Nemesys Tech Support last night. I\'ll wait a day for them to respond. Has anyone tried contact by telephone?

  7. #7

    Re: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    I found a solution to the problem. It appears that the problem is with the instalation. The Gigapiano wav files are fine. So, for anyone who encounters a problem with full installation, Here\'s what I did.

    -Install only the GigaStudio program files, disable the Nemesys GigaPiano during first time installation.

    -Run GigaStudio for the first time to make sure that it is properly working.

    -Now, place the GigaPiano CD in your CDRom. Open your Windows Explorer & click on your CDRom letter. You should see NemeSys_1GB_Grand. Highlight & copy it.

    -Make a new folder(call it anything) in your destination hard drive, & paste the Piano there. It should take no more time than full installation.

    Oh, BTW, the GigaPiano sounds beautiful, compared to what I was using for a piano sound previously. Happy recording everyone!

  8. #8

    Re: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    Has anyone received a replacement for his or her corrupted gigapiano disk? After days of trying to reach Nemesys, someone finally called me back and said they would send me another one next day air; that was five day\'s ago. I\'m sure my problems may seem minor but after hearing the demo piano it upset\'s me that I\'m unable to play it, even more so since I have already paid for it.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by migo:
    I found a solution to the problem. It appears that the problem is with the instalation. The Gigapiano wav files are fine. So, for anyone who encounters a problem with full installation, Here\'s what I did.

    -Install only the GigaStudio program files, disable the Nemesys GigaPiano during first time installation.

    -Run GigaStudio for the first time to make sure that it is properly working.

    -Now, place the GigaPiano CD in your CDRom. Open your Windows Explorer & click on your CDRom letter. You should see NemeSys_1GB_Grand. Highlight & copy it.

    -Make a new folder(call it anything) in your destination hard drive, & paste the Piano there. It should take no more time than full installation.

    Oh, BTW, the GigaPiano sounds beautiful, compared to what I was using for a piano sound previously. Happy recording everyone!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


  9. #9

    Re: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    My disk failed even when I tried to copy it from three different systems.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Timp:
    Has anyone received a replacement for his or her corrupted gigapiano disk? After days of trying to reach Nemesys, someone finally called me back and said they would send me another one next day air; that was five day\'s ago. I\'m sure my problems may seem minor but after hearing the demo piano it upset\'s me that I\'m unable to play it, even more so since I have already paid for it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


  10. #10

    Re: Giga Piano CD is corrupt

    I Re-tried, re-tried, and re-tried - it finally worked. Kind of a pain though.

    Ron

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •