• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fine tuning pitch

Share/Bookmark

Fine tuning pitch

Is there a way to fine tune the pitch of samples in the GS. I have some great pipe organ samples from Michiel Post, some of them are in Bb tuning I guess, and others are in C but need a slight bit of pitch ajustment when playing with certain instruments.Or is this a \"real\" effect I should go for. Thanks.

Re: Fine tuning pitch

Punda,
    This is a fairly easy process. All you have to do is go into the editor and select the note range, and proper dimension of the note you want to tune and then click on the \"case properties\" button.

From there, go into the sample page (I think that\'s what it\'s called...I don\'t have the app in front of me) and there is an input value for changing the pitch. You can change the original note for major pitch changes or just insert a number for fine tuning (a negative number if you need to tune it down). You may want to put in an extreme number and test it just to make sure you have the right note and dimension selected.

Oh and one other thing... be sure to hit the \"apply settings\" button after each adjustment or you\'ll lose your adjustment.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks, but I am unable to get any of the editing functions to work. Is there some kind of protect or lock. I chose my sound,launch the editor, select a region, and apply an editing function with no result. Please help.

Make sure that you are selecting the right note. That can be really tricky if there are multiple dimesions, velocities and ranges. Just as a test, try selecting the first note range, then move the velocity sliders so that the target velocity dimension that you are adjusting takes up the full velocity spectrum (so that no matter how hard you press on the keyboard, it will play that range). Then go into case properties and select the sampler tab. Input a high number like 100 or 200 and then click \"Apply sampler info\". If the tuning of your selected sample does not change, then you have either selected the wrong note, or there\'s something else wrong. If it\'s something else, then it\'s out of my area of expertise. It works for me every time. At that point, you may want to contact Nemesys tech support.
    Good luck!

Hi Punda
    Glad you like the organs. Listen, when you\'ve try to save the tuned version, you do have it on your HD?, If you read directly from the CD you wont be able to save it because it\'s read only.

Go Back to forum