• Register
  • Help

Topic: Post Pipe Organs

Post Pipe Organs

Hi, I just ordered the Michiel Post Organs from Worra\'s Place. Does anyone have this. The demo I heard convinced me immediately. However, it has been almost a week since I ordered it. I guess I am anxious. Let me know what you think.

Re: Post Pipe Organs

Hi Punda,

I have the CD-ROM and I haven\'t regretted buying the disc for one second. The disc does contain some multisamples with very obvious sample split points -you know, the tonal quality changing drastically from one note to the other-, but then again you get a lot of different giga-instruments and the overall quality is very satisfying, especially when you consider the cost of the disc.
    Have fun playing the organ!

Yes, I just got the disk and I think it is excellent especially when you consider the price!

Jan, how do you stack sounds. I am not familiar with using more than one program per midi channel. Thanks

Hello Punda,

This disc gives you a lot for your money, doesn’t it?
    As for your question how to stack sounds: it ought to be possible to load more than one instrument on one MIDI-channel in a sampler (my 10 year old workstation is capable of doing that), but unfortunately I do not know of any way that this can be achieved in Gigasampler. Perhaps I have overlooked something; if so, any comments are welcome. Of course, you can always create a new Gigafile in the instrument editor with different instruments as a layer, but this is a very time consuming and roundabout way to achieve something as simple as stacking sounds. You can also load different instruments in different MIDI-channels and and transmit MIDI events on more than 1 MIDI-channel.
    Maybe a new update of GS or the new Gigastudio has improved on this shortcoming (for instance, winking the instruments you want to hear on the selected MIDI channel in the pop up menu that appears when you right click the arrow in the instrument name field).
    By the way, Michiel Post has also created a CD-ROM with accordions called Post Accordions. Currently it is available in AKAI/EMU CD-ROM format, but I am told it will also appear in GIGA-format. If you are interested in good accordion sounds, this CD-ROM has quite a few accordions on it, and the quality is very good.

Hi Jan and Punda,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jan:
    Hello Punda,

As for your question how to stack sounds: it ought to be possible to load more than one instrument on one MIDI-channel in a sampler .

Stacking sounds in GigaSampler 1.6 is easy. (I don\'t know about earlier versions of GigaSampler.)
    You see the little button LEVEL 1 at the bottom right corner of the GigaSampler console? You can select up to 4 levels there (consider them as layers). First select the first sound for a midi-chanel, then select the second \"level\" and select another sound there for this midi-chanel etc...
    Have fun!

Hello Michiel,

Thanks for your reply. I have been working with version 1.6 for over a month now and I never really noticed this button. Guess I need new glasses. You have no idea of the amount of time I spent creating layered instruments in the instruments editor just to stack accordion sounds while all the time there was a simple button around that does the trick. Well, better late than never.

Best wishes,

Yes, thank Michiel, I have never used the level button before.

Hi Punda.

I hope you recieved your Post Organ, sometimes the post is a bit slow. We ship from both US and Europe to speed things up, where are you located?

I live in PA. I recieved the disk in about a week and am completely satisfied. Thanks.

Go Back to forum