• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: An Epic Adventure "Reserve3"

Share/Bookmark

An Epic Adventure "Reserve3"

http://www.bandmix.com/5strokeroll/

Garritan Instant Orchestra and my own Chocolate Cake Mix.

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in listening to an orchestration I am working on for a web-site will only remain up on this link for a couple of days. Any insight, professional advice will be greatly appreciated. The work is for a local volunteer fire company. What I am attempting to do is depict the "calm before the storm" in the intro climaxing to organized chaos in the middle, and bringing it all together to a victory over the challenges in the end. Click on the link, "An Epic Adventure" (Reserve3) player Track 1.

Please fill in the circle --
    1. O - Ezz goodt, no?
    2. O - Ezz baidt, yes?
    3. O - Ezz take off and toss out, yes, no, maybe, not?
    Sincerely,
    Styxx
    Styxx

Re: An Epic Adventure "Reserve3"

would love to comment, but sadly, the music refuses to play with my browser, don't know why.
    there must be some filter active that I don't know how to turn off.
    and the version of Internet Explorer that I use as back up for this sort of thing is not supported on your website.

http://www.bandmix.com/5strokeroll/

Hmm, I'm not too versed on how to fix that type of technical matter, however, here's another link to the same player. Let me know if this woiks out.

Thanks,
    Styxx

sadly, nothing I do will make it play.
    the buttons are all there, permissions are all there as far as I can tell, except pressing playback button does absolutely nothing.
    I can switch from one piece to the next by clicking the title, but the playback buttons remain dead (and playback is dead if it's meant to start automatically).

no idea why.
    I've had this trouble with other hosting sites. I'm using the latest Firefox.

Hmm, no idea either. It plays fine for me and I am using the latest firefox as well. Sorry, that's the only link I have. Maybe there's another way to link it or something. I'll ask Lucy, she's got a lot of splannin to du.
    It will be interesting if anyone else encounters the same problem then we will know it's not you only and it may be the site.
    Thanks for trying and again, sorry.
    Styxx

qccowboy, In the player next to each track are you seeing a "black bock" on each track? If so, you have to click on that first and get a play icon > before using the player's main play button. Let me know.
    Thanks.
    Styxx

yup, doing that.

but I get a little "javascript:void" message at the bottom of my browser screen.

Hi, Styxx - The site worked perfectly for me, no glitches. I'm on the current Firefox, have all me requisite plugins.

"Epic Adventure" for sure! wow - That's really something. Percussive, cinematic, very dramatic. The volunteer fire dept should be pretty danged happy with that! Will there be pictures at their website to peruse while the music plays?

I was tricked though - the player went non-stop into "A Mother's Love," and I thought the gentle piano was the calm ending you were talking about. I thought - well hey now, that piano sure is coming from another place! hehe--then I looked at the screen and saw what was going on. I wish those sites didn't do this continuous looping thing.

Huge, effective stereo spread you have in this, the arrangement is really well fleshed out. I thought maybe there was a crunchiness happening throughout, like it had been overly compressed/limited - but I couldn't be sure if I wasn't just hearing the rattle of all the percussion in the track. It sounds fine.

I think you're good to go.

Great to hear some stuff from you, Styxx, my man. So - I fill in the first circle, Ezz Goodt.

Randy

Thanks RBrowser! No, I used Instant Orchestra as is no added compression, depression, retention or hair spray. Glad you liked it. I also turned off the other two pieces so as not to run into each other. Have no idea why the play was continuously playing. I unleashed this little guy on 'em.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Thanks RBrowser! No, I used Instant Orchestra as is no added compression, depression, retention or hair spray. Glad you liked it. I also turned off the other two pieces so as not to run into each other. Have no idea why the play was continuously playing. I unleashed this little guy on 'em.
    hehe, it's always good to skip the hair spray.

But the default volume levels for IO can be too hot. Ok for individual patches, but unless sliders are pulled back, the accumulated level can get sizzling. That's why it'd be nice if the mixer in ARIA could indicate clipping, but it doesn't. Your track sounds fine really, I just think I hear some crunching going on. But it'll work fine on the site, I'm sure.

Randy

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast