• Register
  • Help

Topic: S-Converting, the combine gig issues ......

Share/Bookmark

S-Converting, the combine gig issues ......

Hi, I\'m a new GS user and Im a bit confused on how to convert some Akai disks to gig to sound excactly the same they used to sound on AKAI. I didn\'t understand the combine gig command very well.
    I\'m trying to convert the Will Lee Bass Library vol.1, Could anyone give me a little help on how to convert let\'s say the Sadowsky 4 strings on partition J ????? Wich files do I need to select to combine and etc..??
    Your help is really aprecciate !
    Frank Aguiar.
    sorry for the english

Re: S-Converting, the combine gig issues ......

Anyone ??? I aprecciate any 2 cents

Re: S-Converting, the combine gig issues ......

First, find the instrument you want to convert, look on the right window on \'key range\' (for example 24-59..), then look at the same or other partition and look for another instrument with the same name as the first one (can be different with some sign +, - or so). The major thing is its key range - if k.r. of first was for example 20-30, then the proper instrument for combine with will propably have key range 31- ...
    When you find these instruments clik on the first to select it, then hold shift and click on the second, then with right mouse button click on any of them - a menu opens, click combine to gig, and that\'s all. The converted instrument will have both of 2 Akai patches - like 1 instrument with complete keyrange.

[This message has been edited by Dis (edited 02-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dis (edited 02-02-2000).]

Go Back to forum