• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: CD-ROM not in it's case!!!!

Share/Bookmark

CD-ROM not in it\'s case!!!!

I bought the full version of Gigasampler at Guitar Center last week and when I opened it, there was no CD-ROM in the case!! The case was wrapped and sealed with a label, but it was empty. The Gigapiano and Soundware Sample Demo CD\'s were both present. Truth is, Guitar Center is giving me the run around and I don\'t know if I\'ll ever get a copy of it!

Re: CD-ROM not in it\'s case!!!!

Yeah, I just purchased a couple of \'new\' Yamaha PA speakers for $230 each. I noticed each of the boxes had already been opened and re-taped to look new. Oh well. I hope it just continues to get the job done without breaking early.

Ron

Myramyd,

If you are still having trouble getting a replacement, please give NemeSys a call. This is not right, and somebody needs to make sure you get the product you paided for.

Joe (NemeSys)

I have had a lot of problems with the local Guitar Center and may never purchase from them again. Three times I have bought gear from them that was supposed to be new. When I got it home, I found missing manuals and cables, marks on synths and the synths not set to factory settings. It appears that they take returns and turn around and sell them as new. To me this is a used item and should be sold as used. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks for all your replies. I really hope I get a resolution soon. I\'m going CRAZY listening to the sound demos without being able to PLAY with it!!!

I know that a lot of stores re-box all the display models and pass them off as new. Usually, any time I make a major purchase I absolutely REFUSE to by display models, even guitars, unless they give me a substantial discount. Often times display models are more used than a \"real\" used one.

Well, it\'s now been 3 weeks, and I still haven\'t got the replacement CD. Supposedly, Nemesys is sending me one, but I\'m beginning to seriously question whether or not I will ever see it.

I was so excited when I first bought it, since I had listened to about 20 or so mp3 demos. But now, I\'m so mad, I wish I never would have heard them. The fact that I am so incredibly poor, and decided to forego things I desperately needed (clothes, food, etc..) in order to get this, makes it even worse.

To say the initial excitement is gone is an understatement.

BOOOO!!!!!!

Keep on calling Nemesys. This isn\'t right. They should really take care of their customers (even though they aren\'t the ones who messed up here - sounds like it was Guitar Center).

I\'d even keep talking to Guitar Center about this. Ask for manager after manager until you get someone who can help you. Keep asking for someone above who can\'t help you until you reach their Corporate office.

Don\'t stop even one day bugging people until you get what you paid for. If Nemesys did ship you a CD, ask them for a tracking number for the method of shipping so you can track it\'s location on UPS or FedEx (if that\'s who they used).

Good luck,
    Ron

Myramd,

I am not sure your name, but I checked to see if anyone had requested a replacement CD. Our system shows that two replacement CDs went out last week. Please give Sandra or Sean a call and they can give a tracking number.
    We definitely want to make this right, please give us a call or post your name, so that we can get in contact with you.

Thanks,
    Joe (NemeSys)

Hello again,

I talked to Guitar Center again today and they said that I was sent one, supposedly overnight, to arrive tomorrow morning. He said he talked to someone named Suzim(sp?)at Nemesys and she was shipping it immediately. So I\'m crossing my fingers and waking up early tomorrow!

Thanks for all the help and concern!

BTW, my name is John McCallum, in Utah.

John. You might look at the case to see if there is still a CD key number on it. If so, let nemesys know, because this will identify the culprit (if there is one) when he/she tries to register G-studio. The CD-key is needed for registration, I think, just like gigasampler.

If someone can be identified, it might be worth taking it to the police, since this would possibly qualify as fraud, which is not only not nice, but also illegal.

Go Back to forum