• Register
  • Help

Topic: How about Accoustic Essentials impression?

Share/Bookmark

How about Accoustic Essentials impression?

this is the one in http://members.xoom.com/esounds

Volume 1 & 2 bundle for gigasampler is 59 bucks... I wonder how good this is. Any impression on this gig? Thanks.

-- Abi

Re: How about Accoustic Essentials impression?

I posted this link in another folder earlier. http://www.****************/tech/midi/articles/samplecds/ae.shtml

If the link is blocked in this forum, after www is (soniccontrol). You can also find the review linked to Essential Sounds web site. It is a pretty impressive review.

http://www.****************/tech/midi/articles/samplecds/ae.shtml

If the link is blocked in this forum, after www is (soniccontrol).(com)

[This message has been edited by mramosch (edited 01-19-2000).]

Thanks guys. The review looks pretty convincing.

I just got my disks today, and it seems great. The samples sound great , although I\'m curious as to whether the speed of the strums can be changed...(Danny Lux?) I had a bad CD, but the producer, Danny Lux returned my e-mail the same night and sent a new disk the next morning. Can\'t beat that. Anyway, so far I am pleased and feel that 59 bucks makes this a steal. Buy it.

I just got my disks today, and it seems great. The samples sound great , although I\'m curious as to whether the speed of the strums can be changed...(Danny Lux?) I had a bad CD, but the producer, Danny Lux returned my e-mail the same night and sent a new disk the next morning. Can\'t beat that. Anyway, so far I am pleased and feel that 59 bucks makes this a steal. Buy it.

Hi Craig,
    I received my accoustic essentials cd yesterday but I am having problems getting my cd-rom to recognize it. What sort of symptoms were you having with your first cd?
    I can\'t wait to lay down some smooth guitar chords on some of the material that I am working on but my hands are tied until I solve this cd problem.

PEACE

NAZARU,
    You wrote:
    <I received my accoustic essentials cd yesterday but I am having problems getting my cd-rom to recognize it. What sort of symptoms were you having with your first cd?>

If you are still having problems eMail me. It seems we had about 1/2 dozen or so bad CD\'s in one particular run. It sounds like we need to send you a new one. Just let me know.

To answer the question of the speeds of the strums. There are 3 versions, or speeds on the disk. This seems to cover a fairly wide variety of choices in tempo. Outside of those three options, there are no ways to alter the tempo without transposing the samples which is not a good alternative.

It seems like they have several bad batch. I sent them email and got another CD a couple days later. I\'m really impressed with the quality and musicality of this library.

About changing the speed of the strums, I agree, I think there should be a way to change the speed with low key \'controller\' just like changing chords. So everything is stored in one patch. I wish I\'m capable of programming gigasampler. Well, when I\'m successful in combining all the strum speeds into one patch, I\'ll post here.

ABI,
    I now understand the speed of the strum question more clearly. It would of have been fairly easy to program 3 more key switches to control the 3 speeds as well as the chord types. This would have made the patch increase to 3x\'s its size it is currently. I will consider doing that in the future.

Go Back to forum