• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio 96 manual

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio 96 manual

I expected to find a GigaStudio Owner\'s Manual when I opened the box. The only manual I found was a GigaStudio Getting Started Guide. Is that all there is, manual-wise?

Re: GigaStudio 96 manual

Apparently, at the moment, all the help info is in what is described as \'extensive context sensitive help menus\' in the programme itself.

I asked if I could buy a manual that I could read on the loo, and the Nemesys guys suggested I could print it out (they really have a sense of humour eh!)

They also said there had been a few enquiries and that they may make a tree-unfriendly copy available if there was enough pressure.

They\'re also considering a video tutorial (YES!)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by migo:
    I expected to find a GigaStudio Owner\'s Manual when I opened the box. The only manual I found was a GigaStudio Getting Started Guide. Is that all there is, manual-wise?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Migo,
    I bought the full GS160 (not upgrade) simply because I like to know what my customers will get really... (Bigga Giggas online store)The paperback Getting Started Guide IS the only manual in print. I do think it\'s vast improvement over previous efforts when taken in conjunction with the internal Helps of the program.
    There are just so many things to cover in a manual of this type, it\'s scary to contemplate. I\'m sure a video instruction/tips would be a best seller if it was approached as a kind of \"Giga For dummies\" like the great Windows\' instruction books. Right now, I\'m just moving along learning the new features better, so I\'m sure not thinking about making a video myself. ..
    Perhaps the best feature of the Getting Started Guide is that it was written AFTER the program...(check the dates) I\'ve had many a tech manual that got printed before the program was finished and the final product did not work like the manual....
    At least some of the slight delay in Gigastudio release date can be blamed on this one approach. They could\'ve done it the Microsoft method, so I give NemeSys credit for a good effort.
    John Thomas

I suppose that the \"Integrated Help\" is actually an owners manual. I already have some of the sections printed.

Go Back to forum