• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ot - 2004?

West Seneca, NY

Talking Ot - 2004?

I joined the Garritan Orchestra in 2004! eight years ago. But, I was just a twinkle .... never mind. Hemingway, this forum has been good to me with all it's awesome members (not to mention the other member) and great educational advice, original compositions (as apposed to compost) This has been quite a trip ... see you next fall. No, wait ... don't go too far too fast too soon!
    WOW! (or MOM, which ever way you look at it) all the great friends I've met and how about that Mr. Garritan, eh? Let's have a round of applause for the greatest, kindest, most ... well, here's to you Mr. Garritan and everyone on this forum past and present!

Is that "around" enough or do I need to sit here all night and hold down the shift key will my cursor is on the little green guy in the upper right hand corner next to the birthday cake? And to further celebrate, celebrate, let's not leave out those wonderful little funny face icons.
    That be it? Shucks ... Slowly I turn ... inch by inch ... Err, yar might be sayinz mr harkinz a invoke the right of parley! Or is it parsley? Uh oh! There goes me fire monitor again! Another EMS call! See yas!

Re: Ot - 2004?

Congrats on your Anniversary here at Garritan Forum. Styxx you are always a stitch.

Now back to the program...
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Gee, Styxx...

Mine says JANUARY 2004...you were one of the first members I met online here...and I'm still around.
    I think I ordered the original GPO as a birthday present to myself in January 2004.
    Hope we can have another experience like Summer NAMM in Indianapolis 2005!!
    Maybe we ought to have another SUNDAY SNORCHAT for ol' times sake.
    And thanks to the hosts and Garritan for putting us all together here!

Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Gee, I became a member of this great forum in October, 2004 also. How time flies, but what a great use of that time Gary has made to bring to all of us the fine music sample libraries that we now possess. When you are having fun, time really passes by quickly.........

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I'm not as old....er...seasoned as you guys, but I've definitely enjoyed my time on the forum! Reading, listening, learning, etc...

So, happy forum-birthday Styxx, your posts are always creative and fun to read, you've certainly added to the enjoyability of these forums!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

I am interested to know how things are going for you Styxx, have they improved since last time I saw you post?

You were going through a very tough time and you have been in my thoughts.

it's STYXX....

glad to see your avatar, it reminds me of the good old times here at Northern Sounds.
    I too joined in 2004 when I purchased GPO in April of that same year.

It was that year when I decided to start using a computer for all my recording and mixing duties.
    I bought a Mac and Digital Performer and it was only a few weeks after I got the Mac that I decided to teach myself the midi features of DP. So, I got a used Yamaha KX-88 controller keyboard which had no sounds... that turned out to be a blessing because I was in need of some sounds that I could use to teach myself midi. I was looking at Garritan Orchestral Strings and was so impressed until I realized that I needed Tascam's Gigastudio program to play the samples, and then another thousand or so for GOS. WHEW! I then found a brand new product called GPO..... $249.00 and instead of just strings, ... it was the whole stinkin orchestra! WOW!!! IT CHANGED MY LIFE.

Gary Garritan and his company changed my life.

It has been a fun ride for sure, and Styxx,.... you have been a big fart of it. HA HA HA HA HA typo

the man's nuts GRAB EM!

Another 2004rer here (September).

This was also my first inroads to using a sample library (GPO). Prior to this I had been using General MIDI which started with a set of GM sounds that came bundled with a soundcard.

GPO blew all this away and left me standing in awe. I actually had a 'real' orchestra to play with. Wonderful!
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Great to see you, Styxx! I sure hope all is well with you!!!

I had to go back and see when it was I got GPO. Was I surprised when I realized it was July 8, 2004!!! That was even before Studio was being used. Yikes! Wow, how things have changed! Never thought there'd be a JABB, or Comb, or World or IO back then. Isn't this just grand what we have now?!?

AND....the best is yet to come, eh?

Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

HP Pavilion Elite, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12 gig ram, 1 terabyte hd., E-MU 0404, Korg K61, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

West Seneca, NY

Quote Originally Posted by AlanPerkins View Post
    I am interested to know how things are going for you Styxx, have they improved since last time I saw you post?

You were going through a very tough time and you have been in my thoughts.
    I would be telling a lie if I told you things are much better ... more like stable for now. Still looking for employment but keeping busy with the fire department and EMT classes. (Tell ya, I must be out of me mind!) I am in debt to all who helped me out these past few months. I was a half inch from walking the streets. Sold most of my equipment save for my PC, keyboard controller, and guitar. I've been doing some gigs here and there with my brothers playing acoustic music. Not very lucrative but it helps. My only worry is my health which has calmed down for now. Have to have surgery in order to get rid of the problem otherwise it will worsen and I'll wind up ... well, yeeeesssshhhh!
    But in all, thank you for being so kind in asking!

Go Back to forum