• Register
  • Help

Topic: Basic won't run or activate on new laptop

Share/Bookmark

Basic won't run or activate on new laptop

I have a registered version of Basic that I've been running on my desktop 32-bit Vista system and just purchased a laptop with Win 7 64-bit intended for remote use with my keyboard. I loaded the program, but when I open it, the Aria window appears but the program doesn't load and the keys aren't activated. I also dragged the activation key onto the player and says it is now activated but still doesn't work. I tried dragging the activation key several times and now it won't even bring up the "now activated" box. Nothing is happening.

Is there an issue with Win 7 64-bit?

?????????
    Virtual pianos.... ah, ya gotta love technology.

Re: Basic won't run or activate on new laptop

There aren't any known issues with Win7 64 bit. It's what I primarily use myself.
    Did you install v1.04? You can get it from the garritan website.
    You'll probably want to contact technical support at http://www.garritan.com/store/support/contact/

Yes, v1.04. I finally got it working. I'd copied the program onto a flash drive and somehow a file got corrupted. So I re-copied and ran setup direct from the original zip folder and everything loaded fine and apparently was activated properly. Now just dealing with some latency I'm not experiencing with the desktop system. Using ASIO4ALL v2, same settings.
    Virtual pianos.... ah, ya gotta love technology.

Glad to hear it's working. Yeah you never know for sure what kind of latency you'll get on a new system until you try. It varies depending on the motherboard and peripherals and drivers in use, etc. You might want to check out
    http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
    which may help a little to identify what could be causing problems.

Go Back to forum