• Register
  • Help

Topic: Little bay de noc (classical piano)

Share/Bookmark

Little bay de noc (classical piano)

This is a classically oriented piece played on JABB electric piano. I thought it would be interesting to hear how this type of music would sound with a less traditional instrument for the style.
    Hope you enjoy it. Jay

www.jesse.us.com/bay_de_noc.mp3

Re: Little bay de noc (classical piano)

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    This is a classically oriented piece played on JABB electric piano. I thought it would be interesting to hear how this type of music would sound with a less traditional instrument for the style.
    Hope you enjoy it. Jay

www.jesse.us.com/bay_de_noc.mp3
    Really neat idea, Jay, using the JABB electric piano for this. That instrument has such a pleasant sound, and works well with your new piece. There are subtle little touches, some trills and grace notes, that are a bit jazzy and sound so perfect on this piano.

I really enjoyed some chord shifts in this, and the sum effect is very nice. It has a bit of an "excercise" feeling to it, beginning with one mood and sticking with it straight through, but in that context, it's nicely done.

I'm always surprised when a 128 kbps MP3 sounds this good. That's a standard setting that a lot of people use, but I'm terrified of going that low, sticking with 320 kbps, since that size isn't impractical for playback on modern computers.

Thanks.

Randy

Thanks Randy! I think I know what you are talking about when you mention that some of the articulations have a jazzy sound to them. The basic sound of the instrument seems to bring that out. The jabb E piano seems to have a tendency to be kind of muddy so I felt I needed to add quite a bit of EQ to bring out more note distinction. Anyway it was a fun project to mess around with. Thanks for you input. Jay

I agree, this music works on the electric piano, making a synthesis of baroque and jazz, the resultant harmonies more jazzy but the figuration's more to the baroque. Nice!

Thanks for posting!!

This marks the first time I have heard the electric piano from GABB used solo. The thing is charming in its timbre and since we are now so far removed from the 1970’s, I believe we have the ability to hear this instrument anew!

What a delightful composition. Your notes are beautifully articulated through the warm, round sound of that patch. I think I will try it out for myself.

Thank you.

Sean and Sd: Thanks for listening and your comments. I have always liked the Rhodes type of electric piano. It is not a traditional classical music sounding instrument for sure, but what the heck, I thought it would be worth taking the time to experiment with it. I found it to be an interesting combination.
    Thanks, Jay

What a delightful piece! What a delightful piece! Oh...I already said that.

I certainly enjoyed it. It would sound good on any keyboard instrument. It would sound good as an orchestration.

Thanks for posting, Mister Jay.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hey Larry! I truly appreciate your nice comment on this. Thank you very much. Jay

Go Back to forum