• Register
  • Help

Topic: Romantic Shadows

Share/Bookmark

Romantic Shadows

Hello there!
    Thought I would post a self-made piece, written of late. It features my romantic piano style, with the rolling arpeggios, broken chords and octaves played by the left hand and the melody or chords played with the right hand. I used the finest virtual piano I own, the Garritan Authorized Steinway - Basic. For the Orchestra, I used a combination of the GPO4 Violins sect. 1 & 2 (Lush), plus the Sam Brass French Horn section as well as the GPO4 solo French Horn 1 and the overlay. I also used the Orchestral Strings (full), found in the the Vita vst player that came with the Magix Music Maker ($49.99 version), as well as its solo Cello and the Contra Basses.
    Here is the link to "Romantic Shadows".

http://www.box.com/s/1bc835eeb6c3a63c394d

Thank you!

sd cisco

Re: Romantic Shadows

Hi, Sd - Glad to see some music from you again.

Romantic indeed! Simple, elegantly arranged, with a theme we can easily remember by the end of the piece. There was some feel of watching an old movie from the '30's or '40's when lush romanticism was so often heard in the sound tracks.

Thanks for mentioning your sound sources and recording program. You didn't mention what piano this is.

Thanks for the pretty music!

Randy

I like this. I think the longer phrases without harmonic change and the relatively simple structure adds to the romantic overall feel. Nice job on this.
    Thanks for the post. Jay.

sd cisco,

I really enjoyed listening to ROMANTIC SHADOWS.

Your sequencing skills are excellent, as evidenced by your sensitive handling of dynamics. The instruments ebb and flow like waves of the sea, creating an extremely rich and varied mix. I am reminded of the finale to your DEATH AND ANGELS.

Great Job!

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Sd - Glad to see some music from you again.

Romantic indeed! Simple, elegantly arranged, with a theme we can easily remember by the end of the piece. There was some feel of watching an old movie from the '30's or '40's when lush romanticism was so often heard in the sound tracks.

Thanks for mentioning your sound sources and recording program. You didn't mention what piano this is.

Thanks for the pretty music!

Randy
    Thank you Randy!! and I apologize for the space-out oversight. I did put something about the Garritan piano on the Box.net, but skipped past that step on the Forum post. Fixed now! With respect to the soundtrack from a '30's or '40's flic, I couldn't agree more. If I were commenting on this piece, I would have said those very words!!
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Damon View Post
    sd cisco,

I really enjoyed listening to ROMANTIC SHADOWS.

Your sequencing skills are excellent, as evidenced by your sensitive handling of dynamics. The instruments ebb and flow like waves of the sea, creating an extremely rich and varied mix. I am reminded of the finale to your DEATH AND ANGELS.

Great Job!

Sean
    Hi Sean!!
    Nice to hear from you and thank you very much for your fine comment!!! I thought the two libraries meshed pretty well!
    Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01 View Post
    I like this. I think the longer phrases without harmonic change and the relatively simple structure adds to the romantic overall feel. Nice job on this.
    Thanks for the post. Jay.
    Thank you Jay, and, yes, simple it is, like a song, in fact, could be a song, if there were lyrics and a competetant vocalist!
    I am glad you liked it and thank you for your great comment!!

Go Back to forum