Topic: MakeMusic and Garritan to Produce Abbey Road Sound Products

Share/Bookmark

Re: MakeMusic and Garritan to Produce Abbey Road Sound Products

Gimme a big, honkin' YEAH!!!
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Gimme a big, honkin' YEAH!!!
    You betcha, Snor-- I'll give you that big honkin' YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

Enthusiastic Randy

Here's the inevitable question that comes up - What sort of things will be developed which Abbey Road hasn't already done in partnership with other companies?

I'm really hoping for awesome solo strings that will integrate well with Aria, GPO and IO and not cost us faithful users an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by GRB53 View Post
    Here's the inevitable question that comes up - What sort of things will be developed which Abbey Road hasn't already done in partnership with other companies?

I'm really hoping for awesome solo strings that will integrate well with Aria, GPO and IO and not cost us faithful users an arm and a leg.
    I think everyone here shares that wish with you. The new version of Garritan Strings is still on the slate of Libraries to be developed for ARIA, and that set would have solos. So they don't depend on a partnership with Abbey Roads.

I'm looking forward to news about MakeMusic/Garritan/Abbey Roads as plans develop.

Randy

The new version of Garritan Strings is still on the slate of Libraries to be developed for ARIA, and that set would have solos. So they don't depend on a partnership with Abbey Roads.

I didn't know that...that's wonderful!

Thanks Randy,
    GRB

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Personally I have zero interest in the recording location or of tying a famous studio name to a product.

If however it actually produces a better sounding product, then its a good idea - otherwise its just a marketing ploy.
    my feelings exactly..

Like others, personally the name isn't the thing, but a good library of "rock" sounds via the ARIA player would be a great addition. I already have the EastWest Fab Four sound set which is pretty awesome, but I'd certainly like Gary's take on it.

John.

Originally Posted by Plowking
    "...Personally I have zero interest in the recording location or of tying a famous studio name to a product.

If however it actually produces a better sounding product, then its a good idea - otherwise its just a marketing ploy..."

Quote Originally Posted by nexussynth View Post
    my feelings exactly..
    Here's my perspective: Everything we see which promotes a business, either paid advertising, or news items gleaned from press releases is a "ploy" to draw the consumer's attention to that business's product. We don't begrudge a company for doing what they can to promote and market their products - because we know it's the only way we'd ever hear about what the company has to offer.

As loyal users of Garritan Libraries, I believe we're actively interested in the continued success of Gary Garritan's company which is now under the umbrella of the much larger, highly successful company, MakeMusic. In a short period of time, we've seen that MM is taking every opportunity to promote Garritan instruments, and to show everyone how proud and happy they are to have partnered up with Garritan. And now we have this announcement about a new enterprise between MM, Garritan and Abbey Road.

Nobody can really have any idea of exactly what sort of products will emerge from this new collaboration, but I'm sure a lot of us look forward to hearing about things as they develop. And in the meantime, to me, this is a "ploy" which is simply good news for everyone - for the companies involved and for us as customers. It shows that things aren't in stasis - things are in development, new things are on the horizon. And all of that is great news and reflects on the sturdy health of MM and Garritan.

That's why, to me, this is great news that I have 100% interest in.

Randy

Go Back to forum