• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bleifrei Organ

Share/Bookmark

Bleifrei Organ

How strange. Almost 7 minutes, hardly any dissonance. The feet will be fully occupied. Perhaps I should have named it Tanglefoot, but I have a piece by that name swirling around in my head. As is often the case with my music, some of it may have to be played at slightly reduced tempo.

GPO organ exclusively.

Bleifrei Organ

Richard

Re: Bleifrei Organ

How strange. Almost 7 minutes, hardly any dissonance and yet I am the first one responding to this after being up almost 2 weeks... I enjoyed this as I do all of the music you post. It has your distinct signature on it even if it isn't as dissonant as some of your work. Now that it is back on top maybe more will hear it.
    Trent P. McDonald

Hi Richard,

I listened to about half of your piece, and have also downloaded it for future listening. It's hard for me to listen to nearly seven minutes of solo organ music, not because it isn't good music, but I'm just not as drawn to the organ as I would be to other instruments. I do prefer ensemble music and that is probably my way in to your organ pieces, since they are often like little ensembles with all the great lines you get going. It's just hard to stay with that single color for too long, but I'm sure I'll digest it over time. I do have to admit the sound of the organ can convey massiveness like no other instrument!

I really admire your dedication to composing for the organ.

Thanks for sharing your piece,

Frank

Thumbs up Re: Bleifrei Organ

yes live execution should be challenging.
    But I heard in concert something even more complex and long, and less interesting than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    How strange. Almost 7 minutes, hardly any dissonance and yet I am the first one responding to this after being up almost 2 weeks... I enjoyed this as I do all of the music you post. It has your distinct signature on it even if it isn't as dissonant as some of your work. Now that it is back on top maybe more will hear it.

Well, thanks for the boost and for your comments. It is sometimes difficult to judge how a piece is received, Comments are always useful to a composer.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi Richard,

I listened to about half of your piece, and have also downloaded it for future listening. It's hard for me to listen to nearly seven minutes of solo organ music, not because it isn't good music, but I'm just not as drawn to the organ as I would be to other instruments. I do prefer ensemble music and that is probably my way in to your organ pieces, since they are often like little ensembles with all the great lines you get going. It's just hard to stay with that single color for too long, but I'm sure I'll digest it over time. I do have to admit the sound of the organ can convey massiveness like no other instrument!

I really admire your dedication to composing for the organ.

Thanks for sharing your piece,

Frank
    Well, thank you, Frank. Yes, they are somewhat like small ensemble pieces. I sometimes write for organ because I am not very adept at scoring for orchestra, but mostly because I like the organ, and of course, also the piano.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    yes live execution should be challenging.
    But I heard in concert something even more complex and long, and less interesting than yours.
    Thank you, Fabio! You certainly improved my day. I strive qute hard to be a bit less complex without causing the music to suffer, but most of the time without success, as my music always seems quite complex. I also strive diligently to make the music interesting, and I think I am more successful at this. I have heard much music that makes me wonder why it was written or performed, and I work very hard to keep myself out of that category.

Richard

Go Back to forum