• Register
  • Help

Topic: Properties

Share/Bookmark

Properties

Can anyone explain where I make the initial entries for the \"properties\" of an GigFile or Instrument?

I realized that when I open the properties window with contex menu by clicking on a file in the File View Window, I can enter additional information. some files keep the new entries and I can use them for search queries but some some files don\'t keep them.

How does it exactly work.

If this feature works the way that I can enter information into the properties window from the File View window, then I can tag all the instruments with some ratings system: if I come across some really good instrument, I give it a rating (1, 2, 3). Then later when I search a bass sound, I search for \"bass\" and \"1\" to find that special killer bass sound which I once used.
    Or at the end of a production (film score) I enter a production number to all the used instruments. Later when I wanted to know which strings I used in a particular production, I just search for \"strings\" and \"ProdNo22\"

Re: Properties

>>I realized that when I open the properties window with contex menu by clicking on a file in the File View Window, I can enter additional information. some files keep the new entries and I can use them for search queries but some some files don\'t keep them.

Edgar, I have found that even after you convert all your files to 2.0, some will allow property changes and some wont. The ones that will allow property changes have \"GigaSampler Instrument Editor 1.0/2.0\" in the SOFTWARE field, i.e. they are either GS Instruments to begin with or have been brought into the Editor at one time and saved. Ones that wont allow property changes have \"Nemesys S-Convertor\" in the field (only have been brought in via the S-Convertor). You fix this by opening the field in the GS EDitor and then saving it. This is tedious. I suspect that the 2.0 convertor does not fully convert these files to 2.0.

BTW, you can make changes to the intial file by opening it up in the Editor, then click on EDIT>FILE INFO.

Go Back to forum