• Register
  • Help

Topic: Weird Advertising

Share/Bookmark

Weird Advertising

What's with all the strange third party advertising of late? Are there no monitors any longer?

Re: Weird Advertising

I don't know, Tom. Makes no sense to me why all these weird advertisements keep showing up. I would think there'd be some kind of filters here to keep those things out. Don't know about any monitors, but the advertisement that was up a couple hours ago is gone. Must be someone keeping tabs on this site.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Whoever that someone is, I appreciate the effort to keep these things out of here.

hmmmmmm ... and it's a long way 'till Halloween ... Gremlins are all over I suppose.

Well Garritan was sold to MakeMusic and NorthernSounds is up for sale - I figure monitoring this forum is low on the priority list. Hopefully it will remain and be attended to more closely in the future. This is a great place with friendly and knowledgeable folks. The Finale forum is a bit cold compared this. I wish that they'd kill those weird ads here.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Here's all I know about the spam problem:

--Those of us designated as Moderators here don't have the usual moderation tools for deleting posts or banning people. There was a period some years ago when Gary gave some people the Moderator title, but he wasn't able to arrange for those people to have powers. He was basically wanting to publicly acknowledge some of the most active people at the Forums. I remember the day when it was a fun surprise that he made me a moderator. He explained that the title was mostly honorary.

--This site has always had a very small staff, as few as two people.

--PaPaChalk runs the site, and not too long ago said he'll keep things running the best he can even though the site is indeed up for sale. But with him being the only active administrator, action can be slow on things like deleting spam. He has a full life outside of running the Forum.

And - that's all I really know!

Randy

Go Back to forum