• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Problem With Site ... Uggggggghhhhh!!

Share/Bookmark

Problem With Site ... Uggggggghhhhh!!

Hi Friends!

I have been experiencing horrific, nearly show-stopping problems for the past two months whenever I attempt to visit the site. I run Win7 Pro on a good PC w/ IE 8. Northernsounds is the only site I have been experiencing trouble with; very frustrating to say the least.

I get nearly continuous clicking sounds, it takes forever to drill through the folders, and the fonts just keep changing all the while. I've been visiting and downloading music, but haven't commented (just getting to this blank message was a chore!). I've been busy doing a show, but now have more time to enjoy NS ... would like to get it all fixed again.

1.- Any ideas or suggestions?

2.- Hope everyone is doing well ... Your music sure sounds great! ... miss all of you!!!!

Best regards,

Frank

Re: Problem With Site ... Uggggggghhhhh!!

I hope that gets cleared up soon. I went through a couple of weeks of problems – I still can’t reply to a message directly; I have to open MS word, write my response, copy it and then paste it into the NS response. Time consuming and frustrating.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your feedback ... I guess you're having your own set of problems!

Sure wish it was the old, relieable site it was for years ... I read your other post too re: the ads.

Here's hoping stability is right around the corner. I'll give the site another try tomorrow ...

Regards,

Frank

I'm not having any such problems. I wonder what is going on with this site?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

When I switched to Firefox many things on many sites cleared up. Could be that something is targeting your browser. I am no expert, tho. Good luck!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi Friends!

I have been experiencing horrific, nearly show-stopping problems for the past two months whenever I attempt to visit the site...
    1.- Any ideas or suggestions?...
    There's Frank! It's a big drag you've been having these problems, but I'm very happy this morning to see you visiting.

I just got through replying to Tom Davis's thread about Spam. Some of my reply there relates to your problems, but here's what I can say re: this particular issue:

--For a very long time I had bad problems here too. I didn't have any formatting tools for writing posts. I had to use the Bulletin Board Code page (BB Code) list at the bottom of every Forum page for looking up what codes to copy and paste for anything more advanced than paragraph breaks. Other people briefly went through a period like that took, but their problem cleared up while mine remained the same.

--For awhile I was having extremely slow page loads because a million cookies were being dumped every time I opened a thread or page.

--I use Firefox, and was keeping it updated all the while I was having these problems.

--Someone - sorry, can't remember who, suggested I block an advertising site with "sport" in the title. I'm a bit sketchy on details about that, not being any kind of website programming whiz--maybe that person will see this thread and comment.

BUT - my issues cleared up after messaging with PaPaChalk, the site's Administrator. He explained that the period when I was getting the snail's pace page loading was when he was making some changes at the site which temporarily interfered with some people's browsers.

He also said he had tracked down what my particular problem with text formatting was. He fixed in within that day of our messages.

I understood PaPaChalk to mean that he's now the only person running this NS site, and with it not being his full-time occupation, some things are liable to take time before they can be fixed i.e. deleting Spam.

You asked if anyone has ideas or suggestions - I do: Look for the contact link on PaPaChalk's name at the top of these Forum pages. Send him a message briefly outlining your problems. Based on my experience, I think he'll reply to you when he's able, and being a very nice, helpful guy, he'll do what he can to either give you specific suggestions for fixing things and/or he'll do some fixes himself.

Write to PaPa!

AND hope you can stick around even if it takes awhile for these problems to clear up.

Randy

The site to block was classactsports.com. My 10,000 RPM hard drive would thrash like the dickens every time I came here so I went into my router's utility and had it block it. No more problems there.

Hi Frank:

I'm running IE8 and, all of a sudden, I'm getting messages from the threads that I have replied to. For a long while (over two years), I wasn't able to receive notification about what was going on in threads that I replied to nor was I getting feedback on those that I started. Now, I'm receiving notification. Can't believe it.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

For a few days/weeks there were 'memory leaks' with some of the scripts on this forum which made replying to threads quite difficult/very slow. It seems to have been completely fixed now though.

Thanks Low. I received notification of your post.............Hooooorrraaaaayyyyyyyy. Glad it's fixed.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum