• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cakewalk Music Creator 6 - only $19.99

Share/Bookmark

Cakewalk Music Creator 6 - only $19.99

I thought some of you might be interested in Cakewalk's current promotion:

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cgbp...0-CWMC6.00-30E

Re: Cakewalk Music Creator 6 - only $19.99

Excellent, L0W! This really is an amazing offer from Cakewalk/Sonar. The most inexpensive but HOT item I've ever seen them have on sale.

For just $20, this Music Creator 6 has everything a lot of people would need to compose and record original music. It makes me think of how often I've seen people struggling and bogged down with the more complex full tilt versions of Sonar, because all they really need is simply a way to write and hear their music. But with the sophistication and plethora of choices in their programs, they get confused and don't realize that their needs are much simpler. A program like this Music Creator 6 is all they need.

More info, including a video demonstrating MC6 can be found here:

Cakewalk Music Creator 6

People here with the need for a straight forward and extremely inexpensive recording program owes it themselves to take a look!

Randy

Not to sound like an moron, Randy, but just for $20 I can get everything that the video shows? I have never used a DAW before. So with this, I could then purchase other library samples and then load them into this program?
    ~Rodney

It doesn't appear to be VST or any plugin compatible. Can't see it mentioned - may be wrong.

If you wanted a cheap DAW that does allow plugins - Reaper is $40.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Here's more info. After seeing your post, Graham, I asked for more info at the Music Creator Forum and now have more info to pass on:

YES it can use any VST instrument you want. It comes with 3 excellent soft synths, then you can add as many as have/want to the VST folder, like any other version of Sonar.

Specific info that could also be helpful:

Max audio tracks - 32
    Max MIDI tracks - 128
    Max buses - 8
    Max audio plug-ins per project - 24
    Max simultaneous instruments per project - 8 (i.e. 8 instances of ARIA)
    Max sample rate - 32 bit float (like Sonar X1)
    32 bit program, not 64 bit

11 audio FX included
    7 MIDI FX included
    3 instruments included
    All standard editing views - Track, Console, Piano, Staff, Meter/Key, Event, Sysx, and Sonar's Matrix View

Guitar amp simulator - IK AmpliTUbe 3 CS

-----So it has the kinds of limitations typical of entry level programs, but I can see it has more than enough to keep many people happy with their set-up.

Rodney--you asked, "...So with this, I could then purchase other library samples and then load them into this program?..." That's not quite right, but I think you were meaning to ask the right question. You can purchase other Libraries and synths and load those into this recording program. You don't buy samples and load them directly into your recording program. Like with Garritan, you load an instance of ARIA and load it with whatever Libraries you've purchased for it. ARIA then plays inside the DAW software, like this one.

Randy

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Sounds good, despite the limits. Now, for an extra $20 you can get a full complete DAW with no limitations at all (Reaper) - but personally I don't actually like Reaper, and I've never used Cakewalk.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Thanks for all of your hard work Randy. I might just get it now!
    ~Rodney

Um, guys? I can do you not one but two better.

First, Sonar X1 LE is also on sale for $19.99: http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/...0-X1G31.00-20E

Second, the upgrade from either Music Creator or LE is on sale for $79.99: http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/...0-CXSR1.00-20E

Which means, basically, being able to get Sonar X1 Studio for a hundred bucks.
    Best,
    Tom Smith
    www.tomsmithonline.com

Quote Originally Posted by filkertom View Post
    Um, guys? I can do you not one but two better.

First, Sonar X1 LE is also on sale for $19.99: http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/...0-X1G31.00-20E

Second, the upgrade from either Music Creator or LE is on sale for $79.99: http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/...0-CXSR1.00-20E

Which means, basically, being able to get Sonar X1 Studio for a hundred bucks.
    That's good thinking Tom. But perhaps they've twigged your ruse and changed it a bit now, from Music Creator or LE to X1 studio is now $149.99. There's no $79.99 upgrade at all showing right now either, the cheapest is a $99.99 one from Sonar STudio/Producer.

Quote Originally Posted by L0W View Post
    That's good thinking Tom. But perhaps they've twigged your ruse and changed it a bit now, from Music Creator or LE to X1 studio is now $149.99. There's no $79.99 upgrade at all showing right now either, the cheapest is a $99.99 one from Sonar STudio/Producer.
    Yeah, I noticed that. Ratza fratzin. Sigh. If I'd had the money at the time, I'd have got it. Oh well.
    Best,
    Tom Smith
    www.tomsmithonline.com

Go Back to forum