• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Best sounds in GPO4?

Share/Bookmark

Best sounds in GPO4?

Best sounds in GPO4? i ask becouse i thinking bleding with Miroslav Philharmonik and Komplete 7 (what i allready have). becouse i have tight budjet i think i mean anything "better" (=is relative and etc there is no such a thing fully better). i know my own opinion based youtube videos but they dont tell all my current feeling is smoother side of orchestra is best in gpo products. and later in this day i maybe listen few tunes form listening room. get more info what i only get with my ears.

Re: Best sounds in GPO4?

I don't understand the question really. You've been a member since 2007 - You don't have GPO yet? You're asking what the best sounds are because you're thinking of blending with some other programs. But you can't pick and choose instruments to buy in GPO, you get them all when you get the package. So if you don't have GPO yet, you just need to get it and decide what you want to use.

Maybe I've misunderstood what you're asking.

Randy

I know i must buy full package if i want but i have few big problems what i try solve cheap way like i dont have any brass,woodwind,string which i can play ncie sounding crescendo becouse kontakt factory library have bad phasing problems.
    ps. maybe i want when i think other solutions prices and even then i can use it with them.

Quote Originally Posted by JUPEKU View Post
    I know i must buy full package if i want but i have few big problems what i try solve cheap way like i dont have any brass,woodwind,string which i can play ncie sounding crescendo becouse kontakt factory library have bad phasing problems.
    ps. maybe i want when i think other solutions prices and even then i can use it with them.
    I see, JUPEKU - Maybe you can save up some money to get GPO this year. You would then have woodwind, brass and strings all which can sound very nice in a crescendo passage.

Randy

Phasing problems? - are you layering same patches over each other to create ensembles?
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    Phasing problems? - are you layering same patches over each other to create ensembles?
    This is not related GPO any way but i ansver still some Legacy patches in kontakt library are using crossfading two/three different velocities samples. and when i control this crossfade using modwheel i get phasing problems. i know some libraries dont have such a serious problem i think for example vsl se when i tested try-sound. but if i going buy vsl se i must upgrade my computer but if i buy first gpo i dont need soon computer upgrade... there is example:
    sample what i mean is here my projevt only one file now:
    http://soundcloud.com/search?q[fulltext]=vanhapolle

ps. Garritan World set and JABB sounds also nice for some uses in first there is somekind flute whnat i really like but to me single patch is not maybe good reason but if i can found more of them what i think are must haves i can think... but i dont know based what i heared for them is there patches what i really going use.

What little of that sample you posted there, does indeed sound awful.

GPO4 sounds much better than that ever will.

It depends on what type of music you want to compose.

GPO4 is mainly classical orchestra with all the instruments you'd expect to find for orchestra pieces.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    What little of that sample you posted there, does indeed sound awful.

GPO4 sounds much better than that ever will.

It depends on what type of music you want to compose.

GPO4 is mainly classical orchestra with all the instruments you'd expect to find for orchestra pieces.

True i tired fix it its impossible. And i going compose something which use pop/rock sounds and symphonic orchestra and synths etc... i know what gpo4 gives but its gems are thing what i search this thread all libraries have gems like Miroslav Philharmonik its Oboe and Strings when you ask form me. based stuff what i heared for example celesta,flutes,oboe,harpsicord (last based dimension le) are very good in GPO and all are instruments what i really like.

Oops double post.

just get GPO4 and you won't be disappointed. the auto legato function alone is worth it and the SAM brass will get you there even though the original brass are way improved (if you've been listening in here since 2007?). I have several excellent orchestral libs (including the miroslav) and GPO4 is great. add IO and you can't beat it for so little money!

Go Back to forum