• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB3 Tom Hopkins Demos Available for Aria...

Share/Bookmark

JABB3 Tom Hopkins Demos Available for Aria...

A while back Tom Hopkins (and others) did some JABB demos and made the Sonar files available for download. However, these are for the old Kontakt format. I worked with Tom a bit to get these converted for use in Aria and they are now available for download.

http://www.garritan.com/JABB/jabb_sonar.zip

Have fun!.

Re: JABB3 Tom Hopkins Demos Available for Aria...

Fantastic, Jim - Thanks so much for the work you've put in, adapting these files for ARIA. I see you have this up at Club JABB, and now you may as well also have them up at the Technical and Support Forum for JABB also. These need to be made a sticky in all Forums, and hopefully that can be done soon.

EVERYBODY - Tutorials don't get any better than this. Because these are project files, they are true "hands on" tutes where you can see what all was done to get the excellent, professional sounding results Tom Hopkins got out of the JABB Library.

These clearly show that when properly handled, the instruments in JABB can sound wonderful, truly top notch. Investigating these will dispel any doubts anyone may have about the JABB instruments being able to sound beyond "acceptable" and into the realm of As Good As It Gets, no matter what price one pays for a set of samples.

Wonderful - Thanks again, Jim.

Randy

Great! I will definitely check these outs. Thanks for the work and effort at converting these.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Great that Sonar users can study these invaluable files. Any chance that other DAW sequencers could reap some benefit? Sure would be nice to see the work of an awesome, sample professional. How about some SMFs?

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Great that Sonar users can study these invaluable files. Any chance that other DAW sequencers could reap some benefit? Sure would be nice to see the work of an awesome, sample professional. How about some SMFs?

Jack
    I am not sure it is very easy to convert from Sonar to other formats. So do you want to have Standard MIDI Files with Aria settings files (i.e. .ariax settings)? I might be able to do that.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jdsnyderii View Post
    I am not sure it is very easy to convert from Sonar to other formats. So do you want to have Standard MIDI Files with Aria settings files (i.e. .ariax settings)? I might be able to do that.

Jim
    You can also try exporting as a SONAR OMF file. These can be opened in Logic and other DAW apps.

Depending on the data inside the SONAR project file.

Cheers,
    Chad

Hi Jim:

SMF with the Aria files would be something to try. I've never experimented with .ariax settings before, so that would be a good exercise.

Thanks for wanting to help all of us that don't use Sonar.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Here is what I can do. I will post these one at a time to Box.com with SMF and ARIAX settings. It takes a bit to convert these.

I converted one of the project files to a Type 1 standard MIDI file with the Ariax settings to go with it.

GaryLindsay5SaxesMIDI

Let me know if this works.

Jim

Go Back to forum