How is the Gigasamplers Advanced Orchestra programmed when compared to the AKAI version?

Of course there must be much less files but to be more specific, could somebody describe more specific what kind of changes has been made? For example, the F and P versions of samples, are they programmed together with a velocity splits (0-63,64-127)?

I know that Holger has been very nice and helpful and already answered several times to this question, so let me put this question otherwise; if I have Akai version, is there significant use to invest on the GS version?

Also, is there any better sound libraries which would have more powerful and faster string detach sounds. When I try to make \'Zimmer-Crimsontide-like\' fast, powerful string sequences, it just wount work. And in general, the whole library (AO) seems a bit sleepy and simple. I mean, you can do slow romantic scores just fine, but when you try to put some energy to the sequences, you just can\'t get the power and energy what at least I\'m aiming for. And there is almost always just one crescendo sample, people would need at least 3 or 5 crescendo speeds in instruments. Or am I alone who thinks AO is one big sleepy orchester with no diversity? Can anybody give me some tips, to get more energy to the sequences, or is there any?

My opinion is that gigasampler users need a LOT bigger orchestral library, with a LOT more diversity. I\'m sure that if there would be exclusive extra big orchestral library for gigasampler, it also would bring massive amount of new users too.

Also, does anybody know how is the situation with the polyphony increase in Gigasampler? Is there just a line in code, \"#DEFINE MAX_POLYPHONY 64\"? I know it is impossible to read 128 stereo sounds from IDE hard-disk in realtime but if the computer has enough memory, I bet 128 stereo voices wount be any problem for 650 MHz Athlon CPU, especially when we\'ll have 133 MHz memory bus soon. So is higher polyphony planned as an option in future?

[This message has been edited by Sami (edited 10-09-1999).]