• Register
  • Help

Topic: White Paper or Dev Kit for Producing Custom Sample Library?

Share/Bookmark

White Paper or Dev Kit for Producing Custom Sample Library?

I'm new to the GPO release, and LOVE the KS function, so much it has my brain churning in overtime about how to use the same KS concepts with my other samples of my own playing.

Is there a white paper or a tool to create the patch-files that Aria can import?

Re: White Paper or Dev Kit for Producing Custom Sample Library?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Luedke View Post
    I'm new to the GPO release, and LOVE the KS function, so much it has my brain churning in overtime about how to use the same KS concepts with my other samples of my own playing.

Is there a white paper or a tool to create the patch-files that Aria can import?
    I dont know if there is native format but at least supports i understanded soundfonts. and soundfont spec is quickly found using words soundfont and format with google...

Re: White Paper or Dev Kit for Producing Custom Sample Library?

ARIA uses the SFZ format (or at least some of it) with maybe a few modified commands. I'm no expert.

The book by Simon Cann, "Cakewalk Synthesisers, from presets to power user" (now in its second edition) can be treated as some sort of reference for this. In chapter 13 and the following appendix it lays out most of what you need to know to understand the sfz format. There are also some example files on Simon's web site that can be downloaded.

Then, if you open one of the keyswitch definition files
    e.g /Garritan/Personal Orchestra/Instruments/Woodwinds/Flutes/Flute Solo KS.sfz
    using Notepad (make a backup copy first or don't alter it without knowing what you're doing) you can examine how the whole thing is structured.

Additionally, if you Google "cakewalk sfz format" you'll find the cakewalk sfz reference material.

I'm aware that there's also a reference to the ARIA player on the Garritan web site which will lead to some more information.
    I think this is one of them http://www.plogue.com/category/sfz-file-format/ which will lead you to a Plogue sfz discussion forum.

HTH?

SysExJohn.

Go Back to forum