• Register
  • Help

Topic: Polyphony limitation question/suggestion

Share/Bookmark

Polyphony limitation question/suggestion

As I\'ve only begun to get into kontakt I\'m not sure if I haven\'t found something yet but

Does polyphony limiting only work by stopping more notes from playing?

I mean, if I set an instrument to 32 max, it just stops letting notes through.

Is there a way to switch this to a \"voice stealing\" type of operation?

If not, it would be nice [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I mean it would really help on the streaming issues. since each new note would free up disk streaming for a moment with the RAM buffer of a new note.

maybe I\'m missing something. So far tho I really dig this sampler, so many ideas, and concepts in my head. Its actually quite insane.

Re: Polyphony limitation question/suggestion

Hi,

I think you are asking something over my head...but,

Kontakt comes default with 32 voices (options/dfd), I had issues running out of poly when playing a piano. Changed the voices to 90 and had no more problems. Prior to upping voices I would play heavy chord progressions on controller and no sound would coincide.

Maybe that helps...

Joanne

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hi Ashif,

It\'s just a per-channel limiter. No polyphony management like you\'re describing, but of course, you\'re right that it\'s a good idea. Self mask, too. Easy to get spoiled.

well,

I was a getting a bit drunk when I asked this, so I slept on it and woke up with the idea of voice grouping to achieve this.

It should work shouldn\'t it? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] will try iut later, but still I\'d like a simple voice management systmem

Originally posted by KingIdiot:

Is there a way to switch this to a \"voice stealing\" type of operation?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">King!
    There is a STRUCTURE botton in the top-left corner, if you click it and examine the regions you can set the voice-stealing algoritme for each voice different. Or multiple select several voices and change the setting. It works!

As with so many of these little features, the best fruits are hidden in the NI engine!

Keep searching. Try the microtuning presets for eq-reverb changes ;-)

Michiel Post

COOL! Thx [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

yah I found alot of little things that I\'m liking in the engine itself. Its really freaking cool

Go Back to forum